WSN Redirector: Referrer Redirection Made Simple
Have you ever wanted to read the minds of your website visitors, see what they're looking for, and show them a page specially written to maximize chances of getting a sale? Now you can.
WSN Redirector's concept of redirect marketing is simple, yet powerful. When a visitor comes to your site, the browser HTTP_REFERRER value tells what page the visitor came from. This referring URL may be an article URL that contains the article title, some other page with a descriptive name, or a search engine link containing the keywords the person was searching for.
Now, you can step in and take control. When the referring URL contains key terms, WSN Redirect Manager lets you redirect the visitor to an appropriate new page. When someone comes from a URL containing "free" you can show them a page of your free stuff. When someone comes from a URL containing "widgets" you can show them your widgets page.
Best of all, it's free.
To see a redirect in action, google "webmastersite.net SEO tools". The first result should www.webmastersite.net. Click it, and you'll find yourself redirected back to this page. That's because webmastersite.net uses WSN Redirector and redirects the keyphrase "SEO tools" here.
That's all there is to it: select important phrases and direct people to pages that cater more specifically to those needs.
Here's an example of what the administrative interface looks like:
Download WSN Redirector now and install it yourself for free.
- Download wsnredirector.zip and extract it on your hard drive. Note: If you get an empty or 1 KB file on download, you may need to deactivate programs such as Norton which can block you from downloading files.
- Upload the wsnredirector directory you've just extracted to be a subdirectory of your web root -- that's in public_html or www, normally.
- If suPHP isn't enabled on your server you'll need to CHMOD config.php, data.php and statsdb.sqlite to 666.
- Visit http://example.com/wsnredirector/ in your web browser (replacing example.com with your site) to set up your redirects. Check your stats tracker, like google analytics, to come up with redirect ideas.
- To integrate, place
into the <head> section of your website pages. If you have PHP pages and the know-how to edit them, you can use <?php $origdir = getcwd(); chdir($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].'/wsnredirector/'); include 'phphandler.php'; chdir($origdir); ?> instead to eliminate the slight delay in redirecting.
When you buy full-service for just $99, you get:
- Perpetual access to the script, plus updates.
- Support to answer to any questions you have about using the script.
- Installation done for you.
- Integration with desired areas of your website done for you.
- Script updates loaded for you on request.