By Paul on Jan 17, 2019 at 3:57 AM
A month or so ago, I made a change to how the children of categories with special rewrite URLs set work. Previously, the children didn't take into account their parent's special URL -- since then, the children have automatically used their parent's special URL in calculating their ancestry path part of the URL. For example, if a category named "One, Two" has the special URL https://site.com/onetwo/
then a child URL is now https://site.com/onetwo/child/
whereas previously it would've becoming a numeric category URL due to the special character (comma) in the parent category name.
Turns out this had an unwanted effect in a certain situation. Someone was giving some of their top level categories special URLs of the form something.html, which resulted in subcategories being somethinghtml/child/, but they wanted the subcategories to be something/child/. To work around this, I just put in an exemption so that special URLs that contain .html are not considered by their children.
In other news, I've finally redesigned the offers system to be fully mobile-friendly on the submit/edit page. This will not overwrite your current offers input html, only applies to new installs. I need to start thinking of a way...
Read Full Blog Entry