Webmastersite.net

Search    Register    Log In   

2 matching results for "calendar":

Show listings, ordered by


By on Jan 03, 2019 at 8:30 AM

The first release of the new year contains a variety of changes.

There was a postal code autofill issue. Normally when you enter a postcode WSN automatically fills in the city and state if they haven't been entered yet. Discovered that wasn't working when OpenCage was your geocoding provider, because WSN was looking for the city name in the wrong place. Fixed that.

Most of my time was spent on the calendar system, particularly rewriting the event joining system to use a new _eventrsvps table. Added an RSVP caps option and did a lot of work on the calendar templates.

I've finally re-enabled the HTML minification option. I never did find a new library that avoids the <option value=""> -> <option> transformation mistake, instead I've simply added a de-transformation at the end which changes <option> back to <option value="">. There's nowhere in WSN that intentionally uses <option> to mean the value should be the label, so it should be safe... hopefully.

Also added a javascript minification setting. Previously javascript minification was always on unless the developermode tweak was enabled. Changed the developermode tweak so that it turns off all 3 types of minification now. And in order to add a warning about developermode overriding settings, I ended up adding BOOL versions of the {TWEAK template variables to enable conditionals that check if tweaks are enabled... e.g. <IF {TWEAKDEVELOPERMODEBOOL}>Warning:This value is overrridden by the developermode tweak!</IF>

For the future, I'm pondering what the best way to do a development / production toggle would be. I'm thinking something on the front page of the admin panel that can temporarily disable every option that gets in the way of debugging when you toggle it to development mode. Then when you put it in production mode it turns all the temp-disabled options back on and suggests a list of additional things (like URL rewriting and minification) that...

Read Full Blog Entry


By on Dec 18, 2018 at 7:56 PM (Edited Dec 18, 2018 at 7:58 PM)

The changes I made a couple weeks ago to the $leaveencoded and $nomemberinfo flags have had more than their share of hard to notice side effects. The latest I've found are the menu manager delete buttons not showing and the manage redirects page acting as if all switches were off when they're not. Hopefully I've caught all the recently-messed-up admin pages now.

There was also a problem with the category level selector for the add url list option, caused by having more than one level selector on the same page... I thought I'd fixed it before but apparently not fully until now. Then there was a little error message at the end of CSV exports that I fixed, which I hadn't noticed before because LibreOffice Calc automatically edits it out as being bad data. And an error on the admin stats page that was happening when there were no stats in the database yet.

I've gotten started on calendar enhancements. First, I added all the same location fields that links have to events (address, address2, city, state, country). I made the preexisting events "location" field into a location name field, since for events (unlike links) the location name is not likely to be the same as the event title. Then I ported the postal code autofill from links so it works for events. I was able to add the submit/edit map to the add/edit events pages. In imlementing an event details map, I found that there wasn't actually an event details page yet -- only a day page that showed all events for the day -- so I went ahead and added an event details template and page. Also added an event pin template to control what shows on the pin. In the future, I hope to add map on the calendar page that shows pins for where all upcoming events take place.

All the event mapping features can be toggled on or off with the "Calendar event maps" switch.
Narrow results to results containing

Link to these search results