Comments on How to make the viewcomments template

morton82
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 102
Posted Jun 04, 2005 - 6:03 AM:

Hi,

I was modifying the category pages and would like to know how to make the comments pages not using the same customwrapper of category. For example, i have cat1 as books. so there will be 10 links on each category. I have set cat1 to use a 120x600 ads on the left hand side bottom of the page. But since the viewcomment page is not so long, i would like to remove the ad from the viewcomment page instead of letting the ad spanning the whole page down at the bottom.

Do i make this clear?
morton82
Forum Regular

Posted Jun 04, 2005 - 6:04 AM:

To make this clearer, I want to use the normal wrapper for comments pages instead of the custom wrapper of that certain category. How do i do that?

THanks.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 05, 2005 - 12:50 PM:

You can't, if you set a custom category wrapper it applies anywhere in the category.

It would probably be better in the first place to just use one wrapper with conditionals around the ad, but if you wish you can just put the conditional in the category wrapper to exclude the comments page. <IF {TID} is not viewcomments.tpl>banner</IF> should do it I think, but you might want to check what the value of {TID} is there to be sure.
morton82
Forum Regular

Posted Jun 05, 2005 - 1:03 PM:

Thanks Paul. I already got this. smiling face
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.