Can't quite nail this.

Comments on Toplist Tweak

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Jan 03, 2009 - 8:47 PM:

I have turned on mix itemtypes because I have a zillion different itemtypes each sponsored.

This messes with my ability to show "featured" links at the top with mix itemtypes off so I thought I'd remedy that by creating a toplist, but I'm missing one part of the equation because the toplist shows my featured links in every single category rather than the category they belong to.

Basically I'm trying to toplist featured links in the category they belong in and mimic the display of featured links as if mix linktypes were off.

This is what I have so far and it isn't working. What dufus thing did I do or not do?

<table width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5">
[INSERTFILE=linkcolumnsbit]
<!-- BEGIN TOPLIST -->
<CONFIG>items,time;title,5,descending,type = 'pfeatured' or 'pfprivacy' or 'pfppp' and catparentid = '{CATID}',,,0,0,0,0,0,0,,0</CONFIG>
[INSERTFILE=linkbit]
<!-- END TOPLIST -->
</table>

I want my featured links to show but only if they are in that category...

Is that even possible?

Also, I suppose creating a featured link top list for user created keyword based search results wouldn't work because you'd have to make a toplist based on that keyword..which you don't know at the time... that makes no sense but I'm going with that. smiling face

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 04, 2009 - 4:36 PM:

Use
(type='pfeatured' or type='pfprivacy' or type='pfppp') and catid={CATID}
as the condition.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Jan 04, 2009 - 9:11 PM:

Thanks. Works perfectly.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.