Comments on autosetup + php

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted May 16, 2009 - 1:10 PM:

Just thought I'd mention this since I just tried doing a clean install using the autosetup.php and had problems. And since there was no mention of checking my php.ini in the manual I'm figuring if I had a problem then others may as well.

Followed the very simple instructions in the members area for a new install, but my autosetup.php kept timing out. Searched the kb & forum for possible reasons and couldn't find any. Then it hit me to check my php.ini file. The one that comes with my hosting setup is missing some entries that I guess are needeed for autosetup to work. Pulled a copy of php.ini from another server that has wsn installed and added any missing lines. Following is what I added -

memory_limit = 150M
post_max_size = 150M
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 150M

Once they were added autosetup loaded in seconds. I'm not sure what the actual values most people would use are, but it worked for me so I figured I'd share with others.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 16, 2009 - 1:17 PM:

Do you mean the hang was before or after submitting your setup info?
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted May 16, 2009 - 2:17 PM:

Before. Page never even got to the point of asking for info, basically autosetup.php was taking forever to load and then resulted in a timeout error. Kept figuring I was doing SOMETHING wrong, but there's not really much you can screwup with "upload autosetup.php and load in a browser".
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 17, 2009 - 1:12 AM:

I don't see how that could possibly have anything to do with those values, then. The only thing that can prevent the page from loading is a problem with the remote url test (though that's supposed to timeout after 10 seconds). Must be coincidence that the server hiccup on either my end or yours which was killing the url test had cleared up by the time you tested again after the other change.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted May 17, 2009 - 9:23 AM:

Well tried it again with a copy of my php.ini before adding those lines and it did load fine. So you're right it was a coincidence. Odd that I was playing with it for an hour and the minute I made that change it worked.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.