Comments on Need help in setting up Cookies,

charles2smart

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 11
Posted Dec 25, 2004 - 11:41 AM:

{POSTMESSAGE}

Hi, Paul:

Would you please help in setting up "Cookies" in WSN Guest, so that users needn't type name/email repeatedly when they manage to post more than 2 entries!

If you are too busy to do so at the time being, please could you give me some instructions in which of the php files' and which lines are suitable for placing the Cookie functions!!!!

Cheers!

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Dec 27, 2004 - 4:33 PM:

Cookies work in WSN Guest by default, by default a member is kept logged in for quite a while (month or so) after they login. I don't remember what settings WSN Guest offers, but maybe you have the cookie path or domain wrong?
charles2smart

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 11
Posted Dec 27, 2004 - 8:00 PM:

I knew that there is cookies working for WSN Guest, and I've already found it in the cookie folder in my C drive,

Nevertheless, the point is, the cookie's stored data of the user/member may not be set to be retrieved properly in the WSN Guest scripts! Hence, the username and email was NOT automatically retrieved/called from the existing cookie if the member manages to sign another message!

Hope you can help to review the script and optimise it, or simply release your mod here, I'll modify it by myself though!

Cheers!

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.