Cant find it

Comments on Suspend Links

search4b

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 18
Posted Feb 08, 2005 - 9:50 AM:

Hi Paul,
I ran a search on suspending links and found your reply "Suspensions are done in the link checker."

I ran the reciprocal link checker and the first time I ran it it brought up 18 links, some of those links did in fact have a reciprocal link and on the ones that did not have a reciprocal link I could not figure out how to suspend thos links...

I ran it a second time and it says "You only have 3 reciprocal links... no more to check." but we have whats below...

The directory was last updated 02/07/05.
Links: 303 with 78381 outgoing clicks and 27385 incoming
Categories: 24 (94 counting subcategories)
Comments: 8
Members: 242

Why would it say I only have 3 reciprocal links... and how do I suspend links that it cant find...

THanks,
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 09, 2005 - 12:07 AM:

Perhaps it's down to 3 the second time because the rest have been marked as suspect?

Just click "Show all links which have been marked as suspect for editing," check the boxes of what you want to suspend, and select 'suspend' from the dropdown and submit.
search4b

Posted Feb 12, 2005 - 11:59 AM:

Hi Paul,

I was able to suspend links but that process takes a lot longer that I thought it would... would it be possible to have the script set up so if I hide a link it would send out the suspend link email and once the owner of the link puts up a reciprocal link or fixes what ever the problem was to have their link suspended I can then unhide the link and it would restore the link to its original location... this would be a time saver for sure...
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 13, 2005 - 2:57 AM:

Everybody else is using the hide function for purposes where they may not want an email sent, so again no.
search4b

Posted Feb 14, 2005 - 6:38 PM:

Paul wrote:
Everybody else is using the hide function for purposes where they may not want an email sent, so again no.

Hey Paul,

The Hide function for me would only be used to send the owner of that link an email and only used for that purpose only... so for me having the Hide function to send emails would work... or give an option to send an email when the Hide functions is implimented... There has to be a way to do this and Im sure other people would like it as well.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 15, 2005 - 5:11 PM:

There's a way to do anything, of course, but duplicating existing features in different spots does not rank high on the priority list so it won't be done by me. Asking again won't change the answer.
search4b

Posted Feb 16, 2005 - 12:34 PM:

Hey Paul,

Take a toke dude...

Later
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.