Comments on Can't install

finnerss
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 5
Posted Jul 21, 2005 - 4:34 AM:

I get this error :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'gplegacy_gpvirtua@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/gplegacy/public_html/links/setup.php on line 32
Access denied for user: 'gplegacy_gpvirtua@localhost' (Using password: YES)
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/gplegacy/public_html/links/classes/database.php on line 248

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/gplegacy/public_html/links/classes/database.php on line 248

It repeats over and over and over...
I have tried to install and follow the instructions both in the manual, readme, etc... chmodded the files, doublechecked database settings I set another database with a new username and password, still nothing. If that weren't enough, I tried to install the latest version AND then after no success the 3.16 version labeled as stable.

I have installed several php scripts already, including CMSs and forums, server running mysql 4.xx, php not in safe mode, everything ready to go....

Please help, I thought that even due to the fact that this was a paid version that the install wouldn't be so complex.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 21, 2005 - 12:43 PM:

The install isn't complex, all it does is ask you to supply the mysql info. It simply states there "Access denied for user: 'gplegacy_gpvirtua@localhost'". You're giving incorrect info -- the mysql username you specified, you have not given permission to use the database you specified.

No script can create mysql users and databases for you and assign users to databases. You have to be able to do that with your host's tools.
finnerss
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 5
Posted Jul 21, 2005 - 7:06 PM:

Sorry Paul, must've been tired, I'll double check it now... though I thought I already did, I might've been mistaken.

Sergio
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.