Register Log In

Custom field(s) not updating

Comments on Custom field(s) not updating

barrykilby

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 48
Posted Aug 30, 2005 - 4:02 PM:

paul i am seeing some odd behaviour from two differnet installs of the lastest versions, essenctially one is a upgrade from 2.5x and the other is a fresh install. with custom fields some links will update an other do not unless they are deleted and readded withc is obiously not ideal when you have 2000+ links

i have checked the rows in the database and so far as i can tell they dont update, yet no error seems to be given.

i would be happy to give you fill access (ftp/phpmyadmin etc) if it helps you figure out wha tis going on
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 31, 2005 - 1:13 AM:

Describe the custom fields and how they differ from the normal fields (as outside of file fields there's nothing to distiguish 'custom' from 'native' really). Are your templates and fields the same on both sites?
barrykilby

Posted Aug 31, 2005 - 1:35 AM:

no one is my site (scriptstop) and it seems to be most types of field.. some simple ones like price (text field) or in the case of the clients site it appears that i can be anything from a radio box to a multi select box (i know this prorbibly does not help much in pinning the issue down)

the only odd thing i did notice was that altohuhg they require validation before updating they dont show in the admin area for updating so i can only asume the db query go's on the blink

what i will try and do is find on eor two that have this issue andpost htere details here so you can poke at them.
barrykilby

Posted Aug 31, 2005 - 2:47 AM:

ok.. i have found a example but strangely it does not relate to a custom field it acctully relates to the outgoing hits, i have regen the counters (regen everything else just for good measure) and it does not update either either via clicking the link (obiously with a uniqute pc/browser/ip etc) or updated manully via editing the link. www.freewebbargains.com/ind...action=displaycat&catid=10 top link (napster)
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 01, 2005 - 11:11 PM:

I believe the template code required for checkboxes and selectors changed since 2.5. Sure you're not using old code? Test what adding a new field gives you and compare.

In the example, what are the hits settings? For example how many chars of the IP have to match?

I suppose just having a glace at the admin panel and phpmyadmin would be quicker.
Jonj1611
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 107
Posted Sep 03, 2005 - 2:16 AM:

Hi Paul, it is my site Barry is referring to, these are the hits settings :-

Prevent counting of multiple hits by same IP address? No

Don't count the hit or rating if the first characters of the IP matches a previous one. Set to 0 to disable. (Only important if guests can rate links.) - 12

Hope that helps
Jon
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 03, 2005 - 6:33 AM:

Well since it's not preventing, I don't see why it isn't working. Seems to be the default settings. No problem in the user demo with those settings.

What version number is it?

Sure upgrade.php actually ran correctly? Tried running it again? Updated usergroup permissions and the like already?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.