Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 22
Total Comments: 85
fusionx
#46 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 24, 2008 - 6:00 PM:

jayweb wrote:
My site... Here is complete all but a few minor things that I am doing today.

Some features I have added are...

* A seperate advertisers area.
* Auto generating printable invoices for listing owners after they pay.
* The ability for business owners to take over the ownership of listing I add, completely automated, and sent to pay for their listing after they do so. So if I add just the business name and address, they can edit the listing adding more information, as guests, automatically have an account created for them, and get redirected to the payments page. This took a lot of working out, but it works beautifully.

I'd love some feedback.

I think this is awesome. You are exploiting a good number of the features, and your layout is very clean and easy to navigate. Looks great!
webflair
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
#47 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 26, 2008 - 9:47 PM:

fusionx wrote:
Still working on the layout and some other details, and need to add some additional pages, eg, contact us, advertising, and so on:

http://www.inpanamacity.com

I like this, but here's some constructive criticism (hope you don't mind)

Firstly, there are a few very slight design problems in Firefox, nothing major and you really have to look to notice them.

The Adbrite adverts take a little away from quality for me, too many words are linked into their adverts.

Have you fallen out with Google adsense? I can only see public service ads in your adsense boxes.

I like that you have used mainly CSS for the layout.

Yeah I like it

fusionx
Experienced

fusionx
#48 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 27, 2008 - 9:41 PM:

jayweb wrote:

I like this, but here's some constructive criticism (hope you don't mind)

Firstly, there are a few very slight design problems in Firefox, nothing major and you really have to look to notice them.

The Adbrite adverts take a little away from quality for me, too many words are linked into their adverts.

Have you fallen out with Google adsense? I can only see public service ads in your adsense boxes.

I like that you have used mainly CSS for the layout.

Yeah I like it

I love constructive criticism and I appreciate the fact that you took the time!

The layout was done in a haphazard manner by a really poor outsourcing company I hired. I've fixed the major problems but haven't really had time to get to the smaller layout issues. Hopefully I'll be able to figure them out. I'm not really great with CSS (yet!). I have a lot of formatting to do!

Adbrite does kinda blow. I'll replace them with something else at some point.

And google adsense.. well.. I'm in Panama and there's no way to validate my phone number using their online form. It won't allow my telephone formats. Their support said they would find a way to bypass the phone validation, but that was a week ago and I've heard nothing yet. Hopefully soon.

Lastly, I'll be redoing that logo - I whipped that out myself, and I'm no graphic designer!

Thanks again smiling face
webflair
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
#49 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 30, 2008 - 1:47 AM:

OK I just had a bit more of a look at your site, and I got redirected to an advert. If I was a user of your site, that would have annoyed me and caused me not to come back.

I think the concept of your directory is a very good one, a niche Panama directory is a good idea, but I would get the adsense situation sorted and leave it at that for third party advertising.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an outsourcing company, a very common problem I must say.

I'm releasing a CSS business directory template for WSN links in a few weeks, so you will be welcome to switch to that of you wish to. It will be a pretty creative template with lots of added AJAX features.

I was killing time this morning so I knocked up a logo for you, you don't have to use it, it was just something I knocked up.

Attached Files:
fusionx
Experienced

fusionx
#50 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 31, 2008 - 1:32 AM:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the logo!

I'm killing the adbrite and the "interstitial". The site isn't really open for biz yet - need to work on a few more things. I'm still in "let's see what this does" mode.

Yeah - outsourcing can be fantastic, or it can really blow. I had one deal that netted me a significant amount of $$$ where all I had to do was project manage. I've had others where I had to stop the job and work double time to finish it for the client. It seems to be hit or miss.

I think you will do well promoting WSN templates. When I was searching for someone to do mine, it was nearly impossible. Everyone wanted to only work on phplinks template sets - I guess they want the low end "free template" market.

I'd love to see your template for the biz dir.

Thanks again,

Jeff

jayweb wrote:
OK I just had a bit more of a look at your site, and I got redirected to an advert. If I was a user of your site, that would have annoyed me and caused me not to come back.

I think the concept of your directory is a very good one, a niche Panama directory is a good idea, but I would get the adsense situation sorted and leave it at that for third party advertising.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an outsourcing company, a very common problem I must say.

I'm releasing a CSS business directory template for WSN links in a few weeks, so you will be welcome to switch to that of you wish to. It will be a pretty creative template with lots of added AJAX features.

I was killing time this morning so I knocked up a logo for you, you don't have to use it, it was just something I knocked up.

TDex
soap maker

Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 2
TDex
#51 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 24, 2008 - 10:57 AM:

Here is my soap maker link index (links to suppliers of soap making oils, and ingredients), it has quite a few minor touches added, nothing real special, but I like it smiling face

http://usasoap.us/index/
Joanna

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 18
Joanna
#52 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jan 12, 2009 - 5:36 AM:

Here is our site - new up this week:
http://www.anythingforhire.co.uk/

I'm still working on the template smiling face
locatewsn

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 13
#53 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Apr 04, 2009 - 5:55 PM:

Here's our WSN-Links Site - Thanks for the Great Links Script.

Anyone interested in exchanging links please submit your site.

http://www.locateart.com/partner_directory/
PLUGGER
Beginner

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 8
PLUGGER
#54 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 09, 2009 - 5:13 AM:

well after some advice and help from paul, this works extremely well

Here's my WSN-Directory Site
at present im currently translating it all the Greek, so it will have two languages

http://www.hellasola.gr

Thanks Paul for the Great Directory Script.

Michelle

Total Topics: 24
Total Comments: 46
#55 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 02, 2009 - 11:42 PM:

http://www.disablednyc.com/resources/ is coming along nicely smiling face
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
#56 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 03, 2009 - 12:46 AM:

Michelle wrote:
http://www.disablednyc.com/resources/ is coming along nicely smiling face

Hi Michelle, sorry to say this but it does not display right for me. In FireFox it is all over the place and no header graphic. In IE it is a bit better, although still does not display as your home page. There is a huge amount of white space above the header image and the categories are displayed in a very narrow box. The top menu does not display correctly either (as per your home page). Once you are able to sort the css probs out it should look very nice.
Michelle

#57 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 03, 2009 - 1:12 AM:

That's weird; I'm using Firefox also and not seeing the problems you describe. I just tried logging off to see if it's related to not being registered and was promptly logged in again.shocked
Michelle

#58 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 03, 2009 - 1:50 AM:

I think I've fixed it; discovered a </div> was missing inside some conditional code. Thanks for the heads-up.
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
#59 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 03, 2009 - 2:44 AM:

Michelle wrote:
I think I've fixed it; discovered a </div> was missing inside some conditional code. Thanks for the heads-up.

That's done it! Looking nice.

Just one little thing - the header in the blue bar is too low, probably a padding somewhere.
Webmist

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 12
Webmist
#60 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 18, 2009 - 11:00 PM:

Okay, I've gotten back into this. Just updated, upgraded, and redone everything.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.

I do still have some tweaking and color changes to make. For the most part it's layed out like I want. I've got to update all the link and get a good hierarchy going. Several other things going. Probably another week of tweeks.

thesimslinks.com
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.