Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 21
Total Comments: 53
corbin
1 of 1 people found this comment helpful
Posted Jan 26, 2006 - 3:36 AM:

hello,

i've read scripts.webmastersite.net/w.../wsnmanual/link.php?id=176 about Member ratings : i'd like to be sure i understand and that it can answer to my wish :
the weight of a 5stars rating is more important (or suspect wink ) when the member is always negative , than when he is always positive.
So i would like to give a rating to the member himself which could be :
R = (a x 1star) + (b x 2stars) + (c x 3stars) + (d x 4stars) + (e x 5stars) / (a+b+c+d+e) votes
(a+b+c+d+e) being of course the total number of his votes

So, does it answer to this and if possible, would you have some indications for the programmation ?

Thanks by advance

CC
corbin
Experienced

corbin
Posted Jan 31, 2006 - 1:40 AM:

May be the item "Member ranks" in the actual version of WSNlinks (sorry, i didn't see it before because i use an "old" 316 version) could be used for rating the member himself in a optimistic/pessimist profile ???

PS : do i have to post in the main WSNlinks forum to have a chance this topic become a pinned feature suggestion ?
(though i am an "experienced" rolling eyes user, it's a long time i didn't come here and i've made some errors using the site ... sad )
corbin
Experienced

corbin
Posted Feb 01, 2006 - 7:33 AM:

finally, i reach WSNlinks features where it's precised that :
"Member ratings. Use a custom formula (or the standard one provided) to determine the value of members, and show their rank ordered by this formula."
and also
"Member rank titles and images, which can be determined by number of links, number of posts, or rating"

So, it seems answer to my two posts!

i've only to upgrade WSNlinks and find the good algorithm ... any idea ? grin
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.