Comments on login problem

trraju

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 10
Total Comments: 25
trraju
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 2:22 AM:

Hello Paul

I have upgraded my wsnlinks to latest version and every thing works fine now but i am not able to login as admin or member.
when i register as a new user it logsin automatically and i go to phpmyadmin and make that user admin type(3) and than after refreshing it i am admin as a new user but again when i log out, it goes off. I am not able to login again. Also tried as a user but once i logout it doesnt logs in again. It just says password you provided is not matching.

Have checked cookiepath and made it to /.
I wanted to update you with some thing that would be i am still using the same old database but just upgraded.

please help me out with this paul because my sites are completely down from last 1 month.
Please let me know if you need any more information. If you want my database or cpanels login and password, i am ready to give it to you, if you want to check the database.

thanks and regards
trraju
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 11:32 AM:

You probably have multiple installations along the same path.
trraju

trraju
Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 12:16 PM:

so how to solve it paul ?
Do i have to reinstall everything again ?
I have already upgraded my databse can i take the backup of same database and can i reinstall the newer version directly ?

regards
trraju

trraju
Posted Feb 17, 2006 - 2:14 PM:

still waiting for your suggestions paul ...
please help me !!
jamestrotta

Total Comments: 27
Posted Feb 18, 2006 - 7:23 PM:

I might be having a similar problem. I can't login either, so i requested a new password. The email came with no member name so instead of saying your username is Admin it said your usernames is .

Then the new password didn't work. What can I do to reset my username and password so i can login?
trraju

trraju
Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 12:39 AM:

this is some thing real bad.. i am stuck with my websites ..
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 11:39 AM:

Can you clarify this?
I wanted to update you with some thing that would be i am still using the same old database but just upgraded.

You'd specified 3.3.4 in the topic, is that what you're running now? ..upgraded from what version?

It sounds like (per the quote) you upgraded the PHP and/or templates manually but didn't run the upgrade.php or series of upgrade_xx_to_xx.php files.. IE: ..still using the same old database..

I'm at 3.3.6 after upgradeing from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5 to this. I've not yet done 3.3.7.. No unforseen problems for me with that sequence.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 5:28 PM:

When you have multiple installs on the same path you have to use different login cookie names. When you can't login you'd have to dig through phpmyadmin to change that in the settings table.
trraju

trraju
Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 8:50 PM:

Ok i have upgraded the script and database and than started getting thease login problems.

Pual as you said i have to change some thing in phpmyadmin settings, However could you please elaboate more on this.
I have changed the cookie path to "/". do you want me to change it to some thing else ?

I am sorry to be so dumbo, but i will be please if you could let me know all the changes i need to make ..

thanks and regards
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Feb 19, 2006 - 10:11 PM:

Look for the following in your links_settings table using phpmyadmin and change the content for each, or at least cookienameuserid.

EG: hashdotuser and hashdotpass
ID  Name                Content
--- ------------------- -------
336 cookienameuserid wsnuser
337 cookienamepass wsnpass
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.