Comments on 4.0 beta notes

joshberm
Nothing is impossible...

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 36
Total Comments: 91
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 27, 2006 - 3:45 PM:

Is there any way to make events span multiple days, the way the system is set up right now?

Also I checked my directory URL and path settings, no obvious problems there. I have the path hard-coded into "Custom Template Anywhere" PHP files and those work.

Maybe this is the path error....
  • WSN's "best guess" at the full path is:
  • "/data/10/0/130/155/945155/user/973349//./cgi-bin/php.dat" (location of php.dat)

• The actual path is
  • "/data/10/0/130/155/945155/user/973349/htdocs/home/directory/"

Maybe hard-coding the path into the calendar would work??
Or possibly this will work itself out when I switch servers this week...
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 03, 2006 - 9:24 PM:

Paul wrote:
Those of you using mod_rewrite should no longer edit .htaccess manually, let the script take care of it. If the way it autocreates it doesn't work for you, please report it so that workaround methods can be implimented.
I'm going to try the RC2 soon but I trust you have some sort of tags which this automatic htaccess manipulation uses to find what & where to change?

I have a highly modified htaccess file of some 17k or so and I for one would prefer that there be an option to turn off any automatic changes with my htaccess file. You know as well as I that it's very easy to turn a site into a 500 error with htaccess.

..or am I misunderstanding this and this is just a 1-time mod that is made during setup and/or upgrades?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 03, 2006 - 10:13 PM:

It re-writes the htaccess on each change. Your custom content should be moved to the "extras" area on the seo settings page. It's possible there will be issues with this because of the ordering of where it's inserted, I don't know, so I guess I'll add a disabling option for advanced users.
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 04, 2006 - 7:15 AM:

Probably 99% of my htaccess file is for non cosmetic reasons like the url rewrite for WSN-Links.

Also if you've not considered, some hosting control panels fiddle with htaccess if requested. EG: simple 'plug-in' kind of mods for things like hotlink protection and such.

The option to disable auto htaccess mods by WSNL, unless it absolutely needs it in 4.xx to function, is a prudent I think. Thanks.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.