Comments on Bug:You cannot submit again so quickly

Agent

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 25
Agent
Posted Jan 10, 2007 - 5:22 PM:

After upgrading to 4.0.10.

Everytime I go to add a link, no matter how long I wait, it says "You cannot submit again so quickly"

Time is set to 20 seconds in admin, even if I set this to ZERO or nothing in the field, it still gives error and will not allow me to submit anything.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 12, 2007 - 2:55 PM:

Can't reproduce anything of that sort. Send me your admin/diagnostic.php output and describe what you're doing -- what usergroup you're submitting as for example.
Agent

Agent
Posted Jan 13, 2007 - 8:35 PM:

I see you were able to add sites, any idea what is preventing me from doing the same? I still cannot add sites, still getting error message You cannot submit again so quickly"
Agent

Agent
Posted Jan 14, 2007 - 6:49 PM:

It must have something to do with my IP address? If you could add sites and not me. that's the only difference. I deleted all my cookies, cache, everything, nothing I do will allow me to get past this dumb error message. I will try a differnt web browser next, Mozilla and see what happens, this is dumb.
Agent

Agent
Posted Jan 14, 2007 - 7:13 PM:

Mozilla Firefox did the same thing .. I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem after upgrading, what the heck is going on here. I guess I will have to comment out your submission delay code, maybe create another account, I dunno, I'm frustrated..
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 15, 2007 - 10:17 AM:

It does check IPs along with the owner id number (doesn't check cookies). I don't see how having a different IP would matter though once I made 3 submissions.

It can be set on a per-category basis, might you have been submitting to a different category?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 21, 2007 - 2:08 AM:

My guess is you somehow have a link belonging to your account which is from the future, thus always less than 20 seconds ago. In 4.0.12 a "0" value will let you through even if there is a link from the future.
Agent

Agent
Posted Feb 12, 2007 - 12:09 PM:

Hi Paul,

Yes, that was the problem!!

There was a link that was shown as subnitted in the future, 2010 for some strange reason. Changing it to a date in the past cured the problem and I can now add links from my admin account once again ..

Thanks for the help!
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 13, 2007 - 7:49 PM:

Always be careful with your time machine.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.