Indexing problem

Comments on Indexing problem

zac439

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 19
zac439
Posted Mar 04, 2007 - 4:08 PM:

I have my website set to disallow guests to view my site, which means I require that they register first before seeing anything.

Will this effect my SEO? Will it effect google indexing my site?

I am very concerned about this, as SEO and google indexing are very important. A knowledgeable reply will be very helpful!

EDIT: OK, I looked at a webcrawling application, and it couldn't see my files I don't think. I could be wrong. But, I changed the settings and let guests view the site, and it picked up the links.

Interstingly, it wouldn't pick up the links to the category/sub category. Why? I'm confused. How do I get it to index everything?
scriptwiki

Total Topics: 11
Total Comments: 47
Posted Mar 05, 2007 - 10:12 PM:

Will this effect my SEO? Will it effect google indexing my site?

Of course it will. Any page that a guest cannot get to, Google (or any spider) cannot get to. There are methods of cloaking that can hide the content from guests but not search engines, but those are very difficult to implement, and risky.

Interstingly, it wouldn't pick up the links to the category/sub category.

Are those blocked from guests too? If so, that's your problem.

How do I get it to index everything?

Just give the search engines some time, they'll get around to it. In the mean time, get some backlinks and think about submitting a sitemap to Google.
zac439

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 19
zac439
Posted Mar 06, 2007 - 7:28 AM:

I wasn't reading the search engine simulator right, it is in fact reading the category links. All problems resolved, thanks for the reply smiling face
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.