hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Apr 10, 2007 - 8:09 AM:

For some reason I cannot get comment notification emails. Here's what I've got:

The comment system is turned on. The "Only send unique subscription notifications?" is set to no. The member is set to auto subscribe to all comment threads for all links submitted. The outgoing emails related to comments are there. When a link is submitted, the "Notify me when a visitor comments on my link?" is checked. The member is just like an admin so their usergroup is set to be allowed to comment and it doesn't require validation. The comments are being used like updates so the member is commenting on their own links.

Neither the owner's email nor the member's email are getting the comment notifications.

There are no comment related emails in the email log so they are just not being generated.

Is this because the member is commenting on her own links? Is what I'm trying to do not possible? Or is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 11, 2007 - 10:10 PM:

You can't be notified of your own posts. I don't see the application, if you're posting you should be aware of it.
hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Apr 12, 2007 - 2:00 PM:

I do have an application for it but I understand you not making it available if it's not wanted by anyone else. My wsnlinks setup is private and the only member is actually an email alias to two people (my partner and I) so when I comment, I'd like the emails so that my partner gets the notification (and vice versa). It's not your average wsnlinks install, I know.

If the link owner (member) doesn't get notified of their own comments, fine. But the admin email (wsnlinks owner, not the individual link owner) isn't getting the notifications either. In my setup those are two different email addresses so there's no conflict with it being the link owner as well). There's a setting to notify the admin of edited links even when they don't need validation but I can't find anything similar for the comments. Am I missing something? If I'm not, I think that might be something that could be justified being added.

Can you suggest a work-around so that those comment notifications would get generated? What if I put another email address that is also shared by the two of us in the "Your E-mail: If different from your member account e-mail, specify were you'd like to get the notification when the link is approved or declined." box on the submit a link page? That would be a convoluted work-around and I'm not sure if I'd want to make another email alias but I'd be willing to do it if it would work and was my only chance.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 14, 2007 - 8:49 AM:

The only way to be notified of a comment which does not require validation is to be subscribed as a different member, and that's not going to change unless someone purchases it as a custom project.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.