Register Log In

Custom Pages

Comments on Custom Pages

ModemGuru

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 50
Posted May 07, 2008 - 12:11 PM:

I'd like to make some custom pages that shows just a few "toplist"s, however haven't been able to figure out how to do this exactly. I found an article at:

scripts.webmastersite.net/w...template-anywhere-242.html

However I think this might be for an older version of WSN_Links because I don't have a "custom" folder in my templates directory. My template files are located in /path-to-wsn-links/templates/simplicity_english/

Am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks!

--

Brad
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 08, 2008 - 8:52 AM:

The article is correct. Testing installing simplicity with english selected from the current package, and it creates a "templates/simplicity" directory (no _english) with a subdirectory "custom".
ModemGuru

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 50
Posted May 08, 2008 - 9:17 AM:

Blah....I'm really sorry about this and have been wracking my brain on it trying to figure out what's going on. I then started to write a detailed accounting of everything. So I tail'd my apache error log and when trying to load my test template I saw...

SoftException in Application.cpp:238: File "/home/bliedel/public_html/listings/test_template.php" is writeable by group

[Thu May 8 12:13:38 2008] [error] [client 24.56.195.166] Premature end of script headers: /home/bliedel/public_html/listings/test_template.php

Redid the permissions to 644 and all fixed. I was missing something obvious it just wasn't the thing I was looking for.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.