Link Validation and Sitemap generation

Comments on Validation and sitemap questions

Zihrena

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 9
Total Comments: 18
Zihrena
Posted Sep 20, 2008 - 4:23 PM:

I've been upgrading regularly and during the last several upgrades there's been a small problem that's bothersome but doesn't seem vital, but I'd like to know if there's any way to remedy it.

When I log in to my administration area to validate items, I always have a message saying I have 1 item that needs validating, but there's nothing there. When I DO really have one or more items to validate, the message tells me I have two or more. I validate every new item and am still left with the message on the main page saying that I have one item pending validation.

I have everything turned off except link submissions, so I don't get category or membership submissions. Does anyone know if there is some specific reason this is happening and how I can get rid of it? I've tried using the "select all" checkbox, then rejecting the item, but that doesn't do anything.

I also would like to know if there's some way to limit the Google sitemap generator to include only the first page of each category in the sitemap, instead of adding second and third, etc., pages when they exist.
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Sep 22, 2008 - 1:56 AM:

Yep - I now have that problem too.

I've just upgraded my new site up to 5.0.8 and just noticed that it is telling me I have 2 items to validate, when there is nothing there (wouldn't expect anything as I have not yet launched site)
hai
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 1:45 PM:

I upgraded to 5.0.8 last night and I started getting these validation notices when I login to the admin panel as well.

Seems to be happening on links with aliases. If I submit a link and alias it to another cat it will not show in the aliased category, but the number of items to validate goes up by 1. I've also submitted a link without an aliased cat and the number of items to validate doesn't change.

Oh, and I do not have validation on for any links and none of these links actually show up on the Pending Validation page.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 7:12 PM:

I also would like to know if there's some way to limit the Google sitemap generator to include only the first page of each category in the sitemap, instead of adding second and third, etc., pages when they exist.

There's no way to do that because I don't see a use for doing it. Google will probably spider them anyway, you just won't have told it what priority to give that spidering compared to your other pages.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 7:18 PM:

Testing a guest alias submission after allocating guests permission to do aliases... I'm getting a much bigger bug, it's approving the submissions automatically instead of pending validation.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 8:20 PM:

That was a different matter relating to "default to no access" for categories... fixed that.

Fixed the pending items to exclude aliases, looking into how aliases could've become detached.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.