problem

Comments on won't let members log in in inter explor

shibby2373

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 17
Posted Mar 20, 2009 - 3:22 AM:

Ok,
When I or any member tries logging in using browser internet explorer after the user name and password is put in it just redirects them to login. The member options shows up but then when you click takes you back to login.

Everything works in firefox, but having this problem in ie.

I don't know if it's just me or not.

here is a test login
username: test
password: test

or sometimes does this:
Not Found
The requested URL /http://behringtheweb.co.cc/directory/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

---------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.25 Server at behringtheweb.co.cc Port 80
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 20, 2009 - 5:32 PM:

I can't login to your site with IE6 either so it's not cookies. Yet it's not anything in a normal configuration of the script either, because I can login to my own 4.1.75 installations in IE6 without any issue. I tried turning on the redirect bypassing option you're using, but I can still login, so I guess that's not it either.
shibby2373

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 17
Posted Mar 20, 2009 - 11:19 PM:

So what should I do. I can get to the admin panel and everything I need to in firefox, but what I am worried about is a portion of my members may not use firefox and they won't be able to login and submit a link nor login and edit it?

I remember this happening a long time ago back in the older versions like 3.xx but I am not sure what I did to fix that, even if I did anything lol.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Mar 20, 2009 - 11:52 PM:

5.0.39 installed here with SEO on...today I had reports that one of my pages wouldn't load and gave out a 404.

I hadn't changed anything and new my link was functioning.

I'm sorry that I don't have that person's OS/Browser config. I'll try and get it from her.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 21, 2009 - 5:19 PM:

This was just a bad cookie domain value. The cookie domain at Admin -> Settings -> System Settings was set as ".co.cc" when it should be ".behringtheweb.co.cc", probably due to the setup at the time it was run setting a bad default for multi-level TLDs.

Sparkalina - I don't see the relation of your post to the thread. Anyhow, I'd need to know what URL it is.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.