Verifying Reciprocal links

Comments on Recip Verification

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Feb 27, 2010 - 12:57 PM:

Paul, is there a way that I'm not seeing to verify recip links are actually on the domain being listed?

I'm getting people submitting listings as a listing with a recip to get better placement in the directory, and the recip link is on a different domain?

What's to keep anyone from just picking out any members listing with a recip and using there recip url at signup?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 02, 2010 - 12:14 AM:

What's to keep anyone from just picking out any members listing with a recip and using there recip url at signup?

Nothing, except that you wouldn't approve those. It would be good to have an option to require them to be on the same domain. I'll move this to feature requests.

I have too many projects going for unpaid feature additions at the moment, but it should make it into the 6.0 series which will hopefully be out in the fall or winter.
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Mar 04, 2010 - 2:43 AM:

One thing on this... I allow 3-way links (manually approved) so I hope you can bear that in mind. Possibly the best thing would be to simply make the recip url unique?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 09, 2010 - 7:15 AM:

Not sure what you mean. Wouldn't you just set this option to "no, allow different domains in recipocal url" for three way links?
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Jan 11, 2013 - 9:12 AM:

Hi Paul,
I was wondering if anything was ever put into place to stop 3 way links, and maybe I'm overlooking it.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 11, 2013 - 4:19 PM:

I don't think so, don't see it. I could add an option to require the reciprocal url to be on the same domain as the site url immediately for $35 if you want.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Posted Jan 11, 2013 - 5:38 PM:

Yeah, it's not that crucial really. I woulda been asking again long before now if it was.
I just thought since it's been almost three years since it was discussed that it might have been implemented and I wasnt finding it.
Not a problem.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.