Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Won't auto-upgrade to 6.0.25?

Comments on Won't auto-upgrade to 6.0.25?

mschamber

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 10
Posted May 04, 2011 - 11:54 PM:

I've had WSN Directory installed for months now, and it's never failed to auto-upgrade. Today when trying to upgrade to 6.0.25, it tells me:

"Your web host has neither suPHP nor the ftp extension, so you can't use the automatic updater. Contact your web host to get them to fix this. Meanwhile you can do manual upgrades as readme.html instructs."

What changed so much in a point-upgrade so as to break things? Nothing on my server has changed, as far as I'm aware... any ideas?
hai
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted May 05, 2011 - 11:48 PM:

All of a sudden I cannot update my copy of links either. I get the following message -

Somehow we lack permission to copy to templates/admin/autoupgrade.tpl (this is a random test file, preumably the same story applies to other files). Since you have suPHP/CGI permissions shouldn't normally be an issue, but apparently they are here. Could files somehow have become owned by a different user? If you use multiple FTP accounts and have manually uploaded files from a different one than your base account FTP, that would create problems.

This was never an issue before and we do not have multiple FTP accounts. This is on the same site you did the inspection for that rss feed issue recently.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted May 05, 2011 - 11:48 PM:

All of a sudden I cannot update my copy of links either. I get the following message -

Somehow we lack permission to copy to templates/admin/autoupgrade.tpl (this is a random test file, preumably the same story applies to other files). Since you have suPHP/CGI permissions shouldn't normally be an issue, but apparently they are here. Could files somehow have become owned by a different user? If you use multiple FTP accounts and have manually uploaded files from a different one than your base account FTP, that would create problems.

This was never an issue before and we do not have multiple FTP accounts. This is on the same site you did the inspection for that rss feed issue recently.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 06, 2011 - 1:05 AM:

This incorrect error message was due to a 6.0.24 bug in includes/filefunctions.php. Upload the attached copy to /includes/ and it'll work.

Attached Files:
mschamber

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 10
Posted May 06, 2011 - 1:47 AM:

That worked perfectly, thank you so much! grin
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted May 06, 2011 - 7:11 PM:

Ditto! Thanks for the help.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.