Comments on Longitude and Latitude

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Longitude and Latitude
Posted Oct 02, 2012 - 7:36 AM:

I'm having an issue with link longitude and latitude... I have a set of links that have no addresses, they are sea ports and have no official address or postal code. But I do want to show their location on a map so I have entered their longitude and latitude manually. The problem is, the longitude and latitude keep being deleted, the fields change to empty. Why is this happening?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 03, 2012 - 5:03 PM:

Tested and the manually-input coordinates with addresses are remaining unchanged unless I actually alter the address during the edit. If you give me a sample address I can try that to see if your addresses behave differently from mine.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 6:00 AM:

That's the point though, these listings have no address, the long and lat have been manually added.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 4:27 PM:

I thought you meant they had a value in the address field which wasn't an official address. Which fields are filled in and which aren't? Are city and postal code filled in, for example?
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Oct 04, 2012 - 5:01 PM:

None of the address fields are filled in... All blank, intentionally. Longitude and Latitude have been filled in manually.

Then after a while the long and lat disappear from the listing.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 05, 2012 - 6:59 AM:

Set up a test link like that. It was unchanged on edit, but when I regenerated through the individual regenerate menu option it lost the coordinates. This would only happen on a manual individual regenerate or when the box is checked in the bulk regenerate, though, so it doesn't seem like it'd be your issue. Changed it so it only regenerates the coordinates if the city field is filled.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.