Thanks
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 08, 2015 - 12:35 PM:

This is the first time I've heard of stripe, but I'm looking at the docs. It looks like it leaves the credit card data collection to your end, which means you have to get SSL and go through PCI compliance regulations, similar to authorize.net.

I might add it if a significant number of people want it, or I could integrate it as a custom project. Estimate would be 4-8 hours, which I could discount to $40/hr, so $160-$320.
tradenet
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
Posted May 29, 2016 - 10:49 AM:

Sure, I hope you consider this payment processor. I've dropped 2C0 as they are more expensive to process payments. Stripe also have volume discounts. With the emergence of LetsEncrypt SSL has gotten a lot cheaper. StartSSL from StartCom has cheap certs if your not fond of a free one from LetsEncrypt. No excuse for NOT using SSL on your sites anymore. So and Google is giving websites a rank boost for doing that.
I hope you consider supporting Stripe Payments. It would be a savings for you to use them as well as it was for me.

Cheers!
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted May 29, 2016 - 7:00 PM:

At the moment I'm working on adding worldpay payment processing, as someone is paying me to do that.

SSL is not automateable so it's a potential support headache and could lead to people blaming the script for not working without understanding what they need to do. That said I've done it with authorize.net, but as far as I know the only person using authorize.net in WSN is the person who paid me to implement it. Stripe's fees are the same as wepay and paypal so it doesn't offer any savings.

At some point when I have some free time I plan to put more hours into the possibility to integrating omnipay (a php library which tries to provide something resembling a common interface to dozens of payment processors) into WSN, after which it would become easier and thus more likely that I'd integrate stripe.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 27, 2017 - 11:33 PM:

Update: I was working with stripe on a paid project recently, and although the project didn't involve integrating stripe with WSN's sponsorship or cart checkout systems it did familiarize me with what will be involved and involved building some of the relevant code. I am now working on integrating it.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.