Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 6
VoX
Theme question
Posted Jun 23, 2018 - 11:33 PM:

Loving the WSN, it works so well!

But I have a small issue with the "default" theme. I haven't been able to find where to adjust the link text color. It's currently a light green color and I'l like to change it. But I couldn't find it in CSS or hard coded anywhere else.

help, I'm sure it's in an obvious location. ;-)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 25, 2018 - 3:37 AM:

WSN uses bootstrap by default. You don't need to edit the bootstrap source, just override it. Adding this to your stylesheet should do it:

a, a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active { color: blue; }

(that should cover all the types of links)

VoX
Beginner

VoX
Posted Jun 25, 2018 - 8:58 PM:

Ok. I added it to the default.css found in the theme area of the admin section but nothing changed.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jun 27, 2018 - 9:36 AM:

Just tested a, a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active { color: green; } on this forum (which is WSN with bootstrap) and it turned the links green. I can't imagine what would be different about your site since the same CSS should really work on any site across the internet regardless of script/theme. Are you sure you refreshed your browser cache and aren't seeing the old version of the style?

Perhaps if I could see the site I could comment further.
VoX
Beginner

VoX
Posted Jun 28, 2018 - 12:28 AM:

It's https://u2links.com

I've clear browser cache after I added it to the css but didn't see the change. BTW, thanks for correcting the other issue. wink
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jun 29, 2018 - 6:30 AM:

Looking at your stylesheet, view-source:https://u2links.com/templates/styles/default.css I see that it has been minified in some way -- not via WSN's style minification method, but by something on the server outside of WSN's control. That usually means a CloudFlare setting has been turned on to do that. The result is refreshing your browser will not allow you to see your style updates, because CloudFlare continues serving up the old version for who knows how long. If you've purposely enabled CloudFlare, you can disable it... if your host did this for you, you'll need to talk to them and tell them you need to be able to be able to edit your .css files and their aggressive caching settings are preventing you from seeing any changes you make.
VoX
Beginner

VoX
Posted Jul 01, 2018 - 10:17 PM:

That was it Paul. I keep forgetting about cloudflare. Turned it off and it seems to have fixed it.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.