Comments on Link Submissions with my admin name

Marc

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 21
Total Comments: 27
Marc
Posted Jan 04, 2006 - 12:07 AM:

First , I wish you a happy new year.

Now I started working again and validated the entrances of the last days.

I saw some Linksubmissions (from different IPs), and there was a email given and than there was the text "submitted by MYMembername"

The thing about is: That Mymembername is my Adminname, whith that I am registred. The Member ID of my is 0.

The entrances with MYMembername have the ID of 129. After Searching for Members and ID s i haven`t found any entrances. Maybe the submitter have deleted their Membership.

How does this this work? That more Members have the same name? Is there are chance to disable it?

I also wonder about that, there are some more submissions with this MYmembername, from very different Ips and different Email Adresses. Maybe it is a problem of programming to?

Greetings from Germany
Marc

Total Topics: 21
Total Comments: 27
Marc
Posted Jan 04, 2006 - 12:15 AM:

sorry I forgot something.

The submissions have all my name and the are from unregistred members.

That means the Member IDs are all different 129, 130, 131,.....

Alway the is the sentence in validate items: "submitted by my membername"

I looks like that every submission without registration becomes a member ID. Without becomming a member with a membernamer. (this virtual member with the ID have automatik the name McGrip. But the member and the Id dosen't exist in real.

The real registrations, start then with a higher number of ID. That means there are jumps in the id numbers of the real members. (Hard to explain for a german, I hope you understand me) ;-)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 19, 2006 - 10:19 AM:

That Mymembername is my Adminname, whith that I am registred. The Member ID of my is 0.

If {MEMBERNAME} is used somewhere but there's no member id, it shows your name. The problem would be that {MEMBERNAME} is being used where that value can't be relied on being filled... will check the email.
zippo
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Feb 03, 2006 - 11:15 AM:

This is similar to what can be done with the forum script. If guest has post privs, the entry page shows a Name:[ ] entry field, which can be filled with whatever.

I suppose it's merely cosmetic, however it can lead to confusion obviously.

It would be good if the Name entry field for Guest submissions would disallow any member names as input, or just hard-code the field data with "Guest".
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.