Adding member level validation
Auto validate basic members, & admin validate rest

Comments on Adding member level validation

RedstoneMG

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 33
Posted Feb 13, 2006 - 11:32 AM:

I have a site I'm building and I want to have 2 types of users validated.

Basic members - my users, visitors, readers, community members... I would like these guys to be autovalidated. They cannot post links so I don't care about having to autorize their memberships and I think they should have instant access to all the perks of regular membership. This would be for the guy/girl who is browsing the internet for info at 1am in the morning.

Listing members - these members are going to be companies, retailers, small businesses, entrepreneurs, etc... These guys are posting links and possibly paying for their listing services. (I'll have more than one level of customization depending on the level they choose so I would like them to be admin validated. Also before their listing goes up they may need to be payment authorized based on their selection of benefits) This is a money making opportunity for businesses and they don't mind waiting until Monday morning for authorization.

How hard would it be to add another field into the manage users template, so the admin can choose validation type for the groups as they are created? Maybe this is a feature for the next version? I would assume that I would also need have to have member level choice dropdown on the registration page? Eg. Basic Member, Listing Member, Premium Listing Member, etc... (list of usergroup names)

I'm sure it can be done, just not sure where to start, and I'm worried that I'm not seeing possible side effects without knowing the program better.

I love wsn for the versatility and all the ease for customization. I've recently looked at several other scripts and they all fell short of what can be done with wsnlinks. Good job!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 14, 2006 - 6:24 AM:

Added an 'exempt these usergroups from requiring validation" option on the user settings page for 3.3.7.
RedstoneMG

Posted Feb 14, 2006 - 8:36 PM:

Nice! Thanks so much!
RedstoneMG

Posted Feb 16, 2006 - 8:44 PM:

Paul, I think I must be missing something to get this to work.

I've installed 3.3.7.

Registration type set to "Require validation by admin"

Additional Registration Usergroups: I've selected all usergroups except moderator and administrator.

Exempt Groups: I've selected "Member"

I haven't made any other changes to the registration template or register.php. I've tried registering but it still says that my account will be validated in by the administrator later. So there must be something that I still need to do.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 21, 2006 - 9:38 AM:

This hadn't been tested, will check it before 3.3.8.

Edit: Fixed.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.