Register Log In

MySQL error on database backup

Comments on MySQL error on database backup

craftygiftcreations

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 20
Posted Mar 11, 2006 - 11:37 AM:

When I try to backup my website database (not my links db), I get the following error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'to,subject,message,headers,timesent,ip,replacement,mime from ws

select id,to,subject,message,headers,timesent,ip,replacement,mime from wsnlinks_email

[TEP STOP]

Is this from my links script? Is it something I need to fix?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 12, 2006 - 2:35 PM:

Whatever mechanism you used to backup, it didn't properly quote the field names. Most of the time mysql lets you get away with forgetting the quotes in the query, but when the field has a special meaning like 'to' it dies.

I can only suggest using a mechanism that uses proper syntax (like a direct mysqldump or, I belive, phpmyadmin), instead of whatever site backup thing that is.
craftygiftcreations

Posted Mar 13, 2006 - 6:44 PM:

Can anyone enlighten me on how to backup my site through MySQL or phpMyAdmin?? I think that this may be the related to why my site is not transferring properly to another host. I am transferring to a third host now, and the links pages are still not functioning correctly.

If you look at this temp url:

zeus.made2own.com/~craftyg/...be521f27a5833c4d00ce04cd98

It is different from my regular links page at www.craftygiftcreations.com/links

Something is not reading correctly, either from a FTP glitch or database transfer error. I'm beginning to think these two issues are related in some way, but what do I know.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 13, 2006 - 7:13 PM:

With phpmyadmin, click the 'export' option. For mysql directly you can use WSN 3.3's database backup page to send the shell command if PHP isn't in safe mode and you're on a unix/linux host... otherwise you'd have to have shell access and look up the parameters mysqldump would want.

Your temp link seems to not respond at all half the time, perhaps related to it being such an odd look link with the strange osCsid bit. When I get to the page I don't see anything wrong though (see screenshot)... though all the links on the page are pointing to your domain because of your directory url setting, and I don't know if you've updated your file path.

There's nothing wrong with the database, there are no mysql warnings on the page.

Edit: Confirmed that if you go to the actual url, index.php, it works fine -- it's only when following your link with that odd parmeter that it tends to die. So if you think your directory is down, it's because of however you're coming by that mysterious link, not anything to do with the directory actually being down.

Attached Files:
craftygiftcreations

Posted Mar 14, 2006 - 12:35 PM:

I think I'm getting like half of what you're saying. But that screen shot is not really correct. The header is off-center and there is a blue box around all of the categories. The tag above the header is also incorrect. And there is no link to admin or moderator control panel. Something is missing.

Good to know it's not with the database, but I'm still convinced that something is missing because the http://zeus.made2own.com/links/index.php is not identical to http://www.craftygiftcreations.com/links/index.php.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Mar 15, 2006 - 12:44 PM:

craftygiftcreations wrote:
But that screen shot is not really correct. The header is off-center and there is a blue box around all of the categories. The tag above the header is also incorrect.

Those are obviously template customization matters. It's your responsibility to edit your templates to make them look like whatever you want them to look like. If you copy over the /templates/ files from one site to another they become identical of course.

And there is no link to admin or moderator control panel. Something is missing.

I'm not an administrator or moderator on your website, so I have no business seeing a link to your mod or admin cp. I don't see those links on your domain either.

because the http://zeus.made2own.com/links/index.php is not identical to www.craftygiftcreations.com...com/links/index.ph....[/i]

Copy the templates.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.