Comments on WSN Links Simple

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 06, 2006 - 5:53 AM:

Due to the number of people who've said there are too many options, I've created a simplified WSN Links suitable for basic links directories. It gives you link checking, the template system, url rewriting and the like that are directly applicable to every links directory... but not much else. No attachments, no addition of fields, no personal link lists, no javascript export or html generation, no member system integration, no WSN Codes or smilies, no private messages or that sort of stuff. English-only for now. It will remain with a static feature set (excepting possible addition of multilingual if there's enough interest), bug fixes only.

To give a general idea of how simplified it is, there's no scrolling required for the admin panel menu. In terms of bytes it's 44% the size of 3.3.12.

Use it only if you're sure you just want the basics, since an upgrade to the normal version would require overwriting the templates to put everything back in.

As examples, it would work well for what I do at http://links.webmastersite.net and http://links.philosophyforums.com -- basic links directories with no frills.

There may be bugs, as a lot of php was removed. Please report any you find.

The download is at scripts.webmastersite.net/w...action=displaycat&catid=64

Feedback is of course welcome.
zippo
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted Apr 28, 2006 - 12:56 PM:

I wanted to try this out but came across the following error post install:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dosmilies() in /../wsn/simple/classes/member.php on line 183
..parts of the smilies code make its way back in somewhere?

Presently trying the 4-23-2006 revision
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 28, 2006 - 2:01 PM:

I'll check when I'm on a more usable computer, but I think it should work now with today's edit.
zippo
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 48
Total Comments: 166
zippo
Posted May 05, 2006 - 1:50 AM:

FYI, the (4/28 update) did the trick. Will work with it as time permits. Would you want bug reports, etc. the simple version by e-mail or in the forum?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted May 06, 2006 - 7:22 PM:

Either way as long as it's clearly labeled as being for the simple version.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.