babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Oct 24, 2007 - 4:36 AM:

Hi Paul

I am not sure if you received my email for support, so I apologise upfront if you did and I am duplicating this.

The subscription on Daily Digest does not appear to be working. Having not received the notices, I tried to run the cron jobs now. The hourly and 12 hour ones ran ok, but the daily cron threw errors. Here is the debug:

Load time so far: 0.1 seconds.

Query 2: SELECT `name`,`value` FROM wsnlinks_switches WHERE id>0

Number of rows is 85

Load time so far: 0.11 seconds.

Query 3: SELECT `id`,`title`,`caneditown`,`caneditall`,`canvote`,`isadmin`,`canpost`,`canemail`,`validatecats`,`validatecomments`,`validatelinks`,`validateedits`,`cansubmitlinks`,`cansubmitcategories`,`cansubmitcomments`,`caneditownlinks`,`caneditowncategories`,`caneditowncomments`,`caneditownprofile`,`caneditalllinks`,`caneditallcategories`,`caneditallcomments`,`caneditallprofiles`,`candownloadfiles`,`canupload`,`canviewip`,`limitlinks`,`canemailmembers`,`canusehtml`,`limitlinksdaily`,`canalias`,`cancopy`,`candeleteown`,`candeleteall`,`candofulledit`,`candeletecategories`,`candeletecomments`,`candeleteowncategories`,`candeleteowncomments`,`candeletemembers`,`candeleteownmembers`,`canaliascategories`,`canviewpages`,`caneditvotes`,`numaliases`,`canviewvotes`,`canhideownlinks`,`canhideowncategories`,`canhideowncomments`,`canhidealllinks`,`canhideallcategories`,`canhideallcomments`,`canratecomments`,`bytespermem`,`canpm`,`canim`,`canharddelete`,`limitpms`,`limitpmsdaily`,`canviewdeleted`,`cansubmitpolls`,`candeletepolls`,`candeleteownpolls`,`caneditpolls`,`caneditownpolls`,`attachperpost`,`attachperpm`,`canviewshouts`,`caneditshouts`,`caneditownshouts`,`candeleteshouts`,`candeleteownshouts`,`cansubmitshouts`,`canpollvote`,`customtitle`,`canviewinvisible`,`namestyle`,`canpmimportant`,`canviewmodlog`,`isleader`,`cansubmitquotes`,`validatequotes`,`candeletequotes`,`candeleteownquotes`,`canreport`,`canusesearch`,`attachperlink`,`validateattachments`,`caneditownquotes`,`caneditallquotes`,`canviewchat`,`caneditownevents`,`caneditallevents`,`candeleteownevents`,`candeleteevents`,`cansubmitevents`,`validateevents`,`bulkpms`,`issupermod`,`numinv`,`allowugspec`,`validateemails`,`validatesponsorlinks`,`cansubmittags`,`candeletetags`,`cansubmitfeeds`,`validatefeeds`,`validatefeeditems`,`numaliasestot`,`shoutsperday`,`validatetrader`,`renewdays`,`renewtimes` FROM wsnlinks_membergroups WHERE id>0

Load time so far: 0.12 seconds.

Query 4: SELECT `id`,`name`,`links`,`comments`,`time`,`usergroup`,`password`,`ip`,`totalhits`,`totalhitsin`,`email`,`validated`,`template`,`language`,`lastattempt`,`allowemail`,`signature`,`avatarname`,`stylesheet`,`allowuseremail`,`albumid`,`failedattempts`,`totalbytes`,`funds`,`notifyoflinks`,`lastvisit`,`timezone`,`rating`,`pmfolders`,`notifyofpms`,`acceptpms`,`cookieduration`,`banned`,`location`,`homepage`,`occupation`,`bio`,`aim`,`icq`,`msn`,`yahoo`,`inactive`,`timeonline`,`totalpms`,`buddies`,`ignored`,`isonline`,`acceptims`,`adminpermissions`,`referrer`,`groupreverttime`,`grouprevertto`,`moderationpm`,`secondarygroups`,`linksperpage`,`commentsperpage`,`shouts`,`customtitle`,`shoutban`,`topicbans`,`forumbans`,`visibility`,`birthdate`,`lastsession`,`interests`,`posteditor`,`forumaccess`,`pmpopup`,`pmnotify`,`modnotes`,`guestnotes`,`salt`,`lastmodnote`,`newpms`,`imflag`,`orderalbums`,`lastguestnote`,`autosubscribe`,`notifymethod`,`showavatars`,`showsigs`,`warninglevel`,`topics`,`posts`,`chatcolor`,`traderrating`,`invitessent`,`validatedemail`,`calsub`,`macros`,`guestnotify`,`keychecktime`,`notifykeywords`,`autosubscribepost`,`blogrss`,`country`,`firstname`,`surname`,`newsletter`,`positivepct` FROM wsnlinks_members WHERE id='1' AND validated=1

Load time so far: 0.17 seconds.

Query 5: SELECT `filename` FROM wsnlinks_crons WHERE id=8

Warning: main(includes/addeditfuncs.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/idealchr/public_html/crons/daily.php on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/addeditfuncs.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/idealchr/public_html/crons/daily.php on line 3

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 24, 2007 - 9:55 AM:

The error is just a path difference running it from the admin panel where it wouldn't normally be run (and the digest doesn't run as a cron). Fixed. As for daily digest, testing now.

One thing that would make it take ages to send is if you have a large number of members who've selected digest, yet very little actual activity on the site. It processes 10 members on each page load.

if ($settings->digestprogress == '') $settings->digestprogress = 9999999; 
in includes/timedactions.php might be the problem... changing it to [code]if ($settings->digestprogress == '') $settings->digestprogress = 0;[/oode] may work.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Oct 24, 2007 - 8:27 PM:

Thanks, I'll try that.

In the meantime, talking about the timing of sending...

When I send out custom emails how do they go? I have one list of over 4,000 members and my host would not be very happy if they all went at once, or too quickly!

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 26, 2007 - 5:02 AM:

The queue sends 10 per page load by default. On sites with 2000+ members it's only every 5th page load. I've never had complaints from my host sending newsletters to my 18,000 forum members.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 01, 2007 - 2:29 PM:

I see the digest only notifies when there are new comments. Fixed.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Nov 25, 2007 - 10:12 AM:

Hi Paul,

The daily digest is still not working. Emails are sent to those on instant notification, but daily digest gets nothing.

http://www.freewebbargains.com

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Nov 26, 2007 - 12:06 PM:

Works on my forum. Will take a few days to test links.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 07, 2007 - 2:31 PM:

Should work in 4.1.19.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.