Comments on log IP address on comments

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Jan 08, 2008 - 10:04 AM:

Is it possible to log the IP address of those that make comments? If they are not logged in there is no means of identification.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 08, 2008 - 11:43 AM:

If you don't see the IPs and host names, you must not have permission allocated to your usergroup or you must have removed it from your template.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 09, 2008 - 3:41 AM:

Paul wrote:
If you don't see the IPs and host names, you must not have permission allocated to your usergroup or you must have removed it from your template.

I´m logged in as admin and have 1 comment awaiting validation - this particular one is a bit dubious and I think it may be the owner of the link merely trying to boost their link. So before validating I look at it by the Edit - I have not altered that template but it doesn´t show the IP address there.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 09, 2008 - 8:05 AM:

You mean on the validation page. Okay, the template variable isn't used there in the validation template, I'll add it to the default one.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Jan 09, 2008 - 8:30 AM:

Paul wrote:
You mean on the validation page. Okay, the template variable isn't used there in the validation template, I'll add it to the default one.

Thanks Paul!
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.