RSS Articles with URL

Comments on RSS Articles with URL

menace

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 11
menace
Posted Apr 11, 2008 - 6:25 PM:

How could i put under the articles that are RSS feed items the URL of the site the feed comes from or better yet the URL of the original article, for example the <link> or <guid>?
menace

menace
Posted Apr 11, 2008 - 7:45 PM:

Oh & how would i change timezone from CDT to GMT in the rssfeed.php ?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 13, 2008 - 3:30 AM:

The RSS feed already has the URL of the article (of course), so I can't guess what you're trying to change. As for the url of the site the feed comes from, presumably that would be the website you're on, which you should know the URL of...

You are talking about rssfeed.php, not about RSS submissions?

The timezone used will be that of the user. If the feed is being accessed as a guest (as by default in a normal reader), it'll be the default timezone you've selected at Admin -> Settings -> System.

menace

menace
Posted Apr 13, 2008 - 7:52 AM:

Hi thanks for the reply, i have sorted the timezone out as it now correctly displays the correct timezone.

I mean i would like the URL to the article the <link> or <guid> to be displayed in articles, when those articles are from RSS submissions.
menace

menace
Posted Apr 13, 2008 - 8:10 AM:

Oh i forgot to add;

The reason why i want the URL is so that the story can be sourced 'properly' & because some feeds only give a limited amount of content, say for the description which would leave people wanting more but unable to get more.

In the WSNKB demo how did you manage to get the category url's with a trailing slash?nod
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Apr 14, 2008 - 1:09 PM:

In an RSS feed, the url goes in the <link> tag. That's where it is already. I don't see why you'd want it any other tag, but you can use {ARTICLEURL} to insert it in the RSS feed template (if you want to keep feeds available for comments etc too, not just articles, then use a custom template for that). Again though, it's pointless to put the article link in the description when it's already linked in the normal way in which each reader links.

In the WSNKB demo how did you manage to get the category url's with a trailing slash?

Those are the default settings, except for URL rewriting being turned on (but none of the details of it changed) at Admin Panel -> Settings -> SEO.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.