Comments on Affiliate program

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 14, 2008 - 6:05 AM:

Can't find a decent affiliate network that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and my attempts to market the script myself have gone up in smoke, so I'm considering taking the time to roll my own rudimentary affiliate program. I'd hate to spend all that time to see it used as little as the old clixgalore one was, though, so let me ask: would you participate for a $70 reward on each new customer you bring in?
babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Sep 22, 2008 - 1:48 AM:

I only just saw this as the subscription is not working again.

As you know, I have had problems in setting up co-branding - which I still haven't finished setting up! If you had an affiliate program then I would much rather do that. That way I can get those clients who are waiting to hear from me up and running in a couple of minutes.

SO YES PLEASE PAUL! nod And of course as soon as possible grin
fusionx
Experienced

Total Topics: 22
Total Comments: 85
fusionx
Posted Sep 22, 2008 - 2:55 PM:

In a heartbeat.

I'm an affiliate marketer by trade. I'd love to push your products as I've used nor seen anything better.

Are you sure you want to run a flat rate program? Would a percentage payout work better for all concerned?

I'd also love to see an affiliate referral payout - say babrees refers me to your affiliate program, babrees would get a 5 or 10% override on any sales I send. That helps to explode your program, as I'd be signing up new affiliates as fast as I could smiling face
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 24, 2008 - 5:44 PM:

The program already started a couple of weeks ago, and I sent you all an email about it. Click the link in the customers area.

babrees wrote:
If you had an affiliate program then I would much rather do that. That way I can get those clients who are waiting to hear from me up and running in a couple of minutes.

You could always have simply bought a pack of licenses at the bulk prices, which are cheaper than cobranding or the affiliate program.

fusionx wrote:
Are you sure you want to run a flat rate program? Would a percentage payout work better for all concerned?

It's easier for me to not add tons of complex logic dealing with many-license purchases and people who come back for another purchase later and the like, and it's easier for you to know that sale = $70 instead of getting out a calculator. Multi-license purchasers are rare anyhow.

I'd also love to see an affiliate referral payout

The affiliate program is only available to WSN customers, so that's not really applicable.
MLM would make me feel slimy, and the point here is to have people who really know the script selling it instead of random people putting up random banners -- because the latter proved totally ineffective.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Sep 24, 2008 - 10:26 PM:

Paul wrote:
The program already started a couple of weeks ago, and I sent you all an email about it. Click the link in the customers area.

I never received the email from you

Paul wrote:
You could always have simply bought a pack of licenses at the bulk prices, which are cheaper than cobranding or the affiliate program.

NOW you tell me grin
hai
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 11:05 AM:

Hey Paul, thanks for mentionnig that it's already in the customers area, I, like babrees, never received an email on it either.

In any case, I wanted to promote the scripts separately, so if I take the link you added to my customers area and changed http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsnlinks/?ref=### to http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsngallery/?ref=### etc, it should work the same way, correct?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 27, 2008 - 12:44 AM:

The number is your customer id number. Customer x of WSN Links will be a different person from customer x of WSN Gallery. If you're not a WSN Gallery customer then you don't have a customer id and can't participate.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
Posted Sep 27, 2008 - 7:41 PM:

I am a customer of WSN Gallery. I had actually forgotten that I had a separate login for WSN Gallery. In any case, I just logged in and there is no Affiliate Program link there.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 29, 2008 - 5:38 AM:

I see I haven't gotten around to it for the others yet. Will do them when I get a chance.
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 30, 2008 - 4:18 AM:

Done.
hai
Forum Regular

hai
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 30, 2008 - 7:39 AM:

Thank you very much Paul.
babrees
Expert

babrees
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 04, 2009 - 4:03 AM:

Have you done away with the affiliate program? It's no longer mentioned in my member area
Paul
developer

Paul
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 04, 2009 - 2:05 PM:

Yes, it's eliminated. I set it so it should email anyone on receipt of a click to remove their affiliate link, which now points to a page explaining that the affiliate program no longer exists.

Considering it never generated a single sale, it just wasn't worth the effort and potential legal complications. When I lowered the script price back to $99 that meant I couldn't afford to keep offering $70 commission, so rather than try to adjust it downward without getting someone with a lawyer mad I decided that was a good time to stop it.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.