Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Static File Generation

Title Static File Generation
Description Can I cronjob it?
Message Text As traffic to my site running WSN grows, the server it's on started coming to a crawl. Some testing revealed that the 3 toplists on my index page were the culprist, sometimes bringing my load up to 40+. As soon as I took the toplists down, the load went away. A while back I tried converting one of the toplists into a static file, but whenever the static files were created, it would cause that file to be a 0 byte file. My guess is that because the automatic static file generation routine is going off based on someone visiting the site at the time that routine is supposed to run (instead of going off based purely on a cronjob), the routine is getting run more than once from lots of traffic hitting the site at around that exact moment. I've actually seen the static file being created, then a few moments later a 0 byte file, then created, and then a 0 byte file as the routine is run multiple times. Since I don't think there's a fix for this other than rewriting that portion of the code entirely, I'd like to know how I can set up a cronjob to create the static files instead of using the WSN built in automatic static generation routine. An additional bonus is that I'll be able to run it more than once every 12 hours. Thanks, Adam
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Synozeer
Views 913 views. Averaging 0 views per day.