Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

FLV & Attachments.

Title FLV & Attachments.
Description New Install, FLV Conversion error, Deletion error
Message Text Hi Paul. Happy Holidays,. I am having a problem with attachments, in 2 ways. The first is that I am trying to use the FLV conversion on upload. I have installed the ports required including the FFMpeg for php5. I have adjusted my php.ini files to allow 100meg uploads, longer script times etc. I have tried with a very small AVI file that I have successfully converted myself with another program, so I know that the avi can be converted without error. It does not seem to convert on upload with WSN Links. At the end of the upload, the file name can be seen with the .flv extention, but the file size is 0 and there is no sign of the file in the attachments directory. It might be important to point out that I have switched to Attachments directory as category tree. Thumbnailed Jpegs work correctly, they are uploaded, cropped and 2 files are created in the attachment directory within the correct category directory name. Is there something common I might have overlooked? My second issue is with removing attachments,. I have 4.1.22 installed brand new, and I have been trying to remove attachments either by hard deleting the link that the attachments belong to, deleting the attachments individually from within theedit link area, also, I have tried the Maintenance>Unused Attachments option to try and remove attachments, as well as regenerate everything. Though they still remain in the file system tree, and as well, they can not be deleted by webmaster, I must superuser and delete files. They apper to be given chown www. The attachment directory is chmod 777 and chown Webmaster. An issue that I am seeing that I'm not sure is normal, is that after uploading an attachment, I'm immediatly redirected to a search page (after I hit the browse file, and then attach button). This is becoming a bit of a pain as I'd have multiple files to upload per link, and for some reason I don't believe it was behaving like this on an WSNLINKS install I created earlier last week. If I remember correctly it had an ajax like feel that made the new file appear on the page without refresh, or redirect. I'm unclear if it's my server or script, and I'm hoping you might have some hints. Thanks for your time Rob
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Rob Dalzell
Views 637 views. Averaging 0 views per day.