Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

PHPbb Integration Problem

Title PHPbb Integration Problem
Description How does the integration work?
Message Text Hello, I searched the site for this issue and didn't find it so I pose the problem. On my test system, I did a completely clean install of phpbb2 v2.0.21 and WSN Links 3.40. Both of them installed correctly and without any problems. Both applications are installed in one database per the instructions I found here. I added test users to both and then logged into WSN Link and changed the integration setting in user to support phpbb, save the changes and it seemed to work correctly. My expectation is that if I enter users into the phpbb2 system, they will be recognized and used by the WSN Links script. I can in fact log into WSN Links with a user from the phpbb database, but if I log into phpbb as a user, it does not auto log the user into the WSN Links program or vice versa, if I log into the WSN Links script, it does not auto log the user into the phpbb script. So, the question is how is the "integration" suppose to work? I can not find any details about what the expected behavior is suppose to be. Would appreciate a clarification about the proper behavior. I am running a dating script on one of my other sites and when you log into the main dating site program, it automatically logs the user into the forum as well and that is the behavior I expected but WSN Links does not appear to do the same thing, at least not the way I have it installed. Any enlightenment is greatly appreciated, mikesz
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership mikesz
Views 11,261 views. Averaging 2 views per day.