Comments on autosetup

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Aug 29, 2008 - 1:40 AM:

Thought I would try out your autosetup.php and test a few things but all I got was the following. Not important to me (I shall now simply do a manual install) but I thought you should know in case anybody else had a problem. I remember Jayweb (or was it Jez?) saying they always had problems when they tried it.

Couldn't write file. please assign 777/755 permissions (whichever is appropriate to your server) to the parent directory of the installation location.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php on line 387

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php on line 189
Unable to open in read mode 'current.tar.gz'
Warning: unlink(current.tar.gz) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php on line 192
Not Found
The requested URL //setup.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.worldofscifi.co.uk Port 80
Installation failed. Deleting.

Warning: rmdir(/home/worldofs/public_html/cgi-bin) [function.rmdir]: Permission denied in /home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php on line 2041

Warning: unlink(/home/worldofs/public_html/.htaccess) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php on line 2036

Warning: unlink(/home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php on line 2036

Warning: rmdir(/home/worldofs/public_html) [function.rmdir]: Permission denied in /home/worldofs/public_html/autosetup.php on line 2041
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Aug 29, 2008 - 1:56 AM:

hmph! so much for me doing a quick and simple test. I think I am going to find a desert island where there are NO computers!

OK, so manually ftp'd the files and ran setup to be presented with the following - do I have to do it differently now for suphp? I thought I had to leave ftp details blank?:

Warning: rename(config.php.txt,config.php) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /home/worldofs/public_html/setup.php on line 167

Warning: fopen(config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/worldofs/public_html/setup.php on line 198

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/worldofs/public_html/setup.php on line 199

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/worldofs/public_html/setup.php on line 200

Your languages directory is not writable, so the language file cannot be copied. Either the directory is not chmoded to 777 or the server permissions do not allow a file to be copied (most likely php is running in safe mode). You will have to manually move the file /languages/setup/languages/setup/englishonly.lng to /languages/default.lng in order to select your languages properly.

Your config.php file is not writeable. Please chmod 666 or 777 the file config.php and try again.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Aug 29, 2008 - 2:12 PM:

The permissions simply aren't allowing anything to be done -- probably because the directory is owned by "nobody", which never happens with suphp, it's an artifact from apache mode that has to be fixed to complete the transition. Though I don't see any directories in your tokraweb site that are owned by anyone except tokraweb, so that section seems fine.

Will do your knowledge base setup there shortly and report if there are any problems.

A proper suphp host requires no configuration of anything, no chmoding, no ftp info. Unless maybe you use the FTP account of a different user than whose site you're doing.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 29, 2008 - 2:30 PM:

There is a problem, but it doesn't look the same as the one you described: http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/24474.jpg . Will try stepping through it.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Aug 29, 2008 - 3:30 PM:

I think I saw that at one stage to!

Totally perplexed about my server and suphp. I thought they had finally set it up and that it was ok this morning when I got up. Then LW's latest emails say

I will see what I can do to get suPHP working, it should only
require a few file ownership changes.

and then

I've enabled suPHP and updated permissions on your files so everything should
run now, I will also keep an eye on the error log for any issues.

ho hum, as long as it is ok now!
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 29, 2008 - 3:46 PM:

The problem was that the server has reserved /manual/ for the apache manual. Using /kb/ worked fine. Nothing wrong with the autosetup. As far as I can see there are no problems on your server, but I'm only looking at one account.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Sep 09, 2008 - 7:35 PM:

deleted and moved to wsnclassifieds forum
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.