Comments on Backports

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 06, 2009 - 5:35 PM:

Since at the current rate I won't be in business long enough to release 5.1, I've backported the guided start, logo uploader and simplified admin menu mode to 5.0.50. These are separated from the rest of the code so they shouldn't destabilize anything.

I'll try a hotscripts sponsorship for a month, if that doesn't help then I'll have to move on and find a job that can pay minimum wage.
peumus
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 172
Total Comments: 462
peumus
Posted Jun 08, 2009 - 9:35 PM:

Paul wrote:
Since at the current rate I won't be in business long enough to release 5.1, I've backported the guided start, logo uploader and simplified admin menu mode to 5.0.50. These are separated from the rest of the code so they shouldn't destabilize anything.

I'll try a hotscripts sponsorship for a month, if that doesn't help then I'll have to move on and find a job that can pay minimum wage.

Paul,

I believe that you shall focus also on your existing clients, they can be a good source of income.

One idea I can mention right now is:

A "Premium Support" like: http://www.viart.com/premium_support . I will buy itimmediatelly if you offer it.

There shall be other services to offer to current customers.

Daniel

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Posted Jun 10, 2009 - 9:45 AM:

Yes Premium support sound like a good idea if you think so too Paul.

Quite often I get a problem but know you are a busy man, and that I will likely have to wait up to 48 hours for a response, so I work through the problem myself. I'd be happy to pay for advanced support with faster response times. I'd particularly pay to be able to book a time to speak to you on MSN or SKYPE when I needed to.

What I think you should realise Paul, is that this is a great script, and you are the key to making it even greater. Some of us would be more than happy to support you in return for a premium type service.

An idea I just had is a monthly or quarterly fee, that gives you access to premium support and unlimited (or extra) script installs.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 12, 2009 - 12:48 AM:

I'm not sure a premium support plan of that type is realistic without a team. Some form of plan involving some manner of IM support option and first priority email may be possible, I'll have to think it over.

I did experiment with a premium support option a few years ago and got no takers at all. Perhaps the problem was I marketed that to new buyers instead of current customers.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.