Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
_will_
Broken Homepage on Update?
Posted Mar 14, 2016 - 11:26 AM:

Hello,

I was just hired to help with a site (forums.philosophyforums.com) that recently started working incorrectly. As of ~midnight on Saturday (Mar 12) the homepage of the site is showing no categories or forums, only "{REGULARTEMP}". I checked the file structure and it looks like many of the files were updated around that time. I'm guessing this was possibly a WSN update? I can't find a changelog anywhere though, so I'm not 100% sure. I updated to the most recent version that came out today (WSN Forum 9.2.45), but the problem still persists.

I have looked through the template structure and it seems like it has to do with the <!-- BEGIN CATSBODY --> and/or the <!-- BEGIN REGULAR --> sections in the forum front page template (main.php). I'm not sure exactly how these tags work, and have read not to remove them.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this type of question, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 14, 2016 - 10:07 PM:

There was a recent change which made <!-- BEGIN CATSBODY --> and <!-- END CATSBODY --> no longer required, but I'm not seeing any negative consequences from that on other forums like this one. The <!-- BEGIN REGULAR --> and <!-- END REGULAR --> are still there in your template so it ought to be working.

The by far quickest way for me to fix this is with FTP access so I can step through includes/displaytop.php to figure out why it's not replacing {REGULARTEMP} with the forums list. That site inspection service is free: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...t/wsnforum/inspection.html

Otherwise I'm guessing in the dark until I can stumble onto a way to reproduce the problem. I'd check the Admin -> Forums -> Manage Categories page to make sure the categories haven't disappeared somehow.

I'll test some different category/forum setups to see if I can reproduce the problem.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 14, 2016 - 11:17 PM:

I believe I've found the problem, please update to 9.2.46 and it should work. The forum script will need to retain the <!-- BEGIN CATSBODY --> tag which is unnecessary for the other scripts.
_will_
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
_will_
Posted Mar 15, 2016 - 9:48 AM:

Perfect - it looks like everything is up and working again. Thanks very much for the quick response!
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.