NS-Icon
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 1
NS-Icon
Posted Feb 28, 2005 - 9:53 AM:

Hi,

I recently purchased WSN Links 3.14 version from the website and installed it without too many difficulties, just some manaul permission settings and following the provided instructions.

However, we wish to use our WSN Links as a reciprocal link exchange and for that reason have been testing its ability to check link-backs on websites which request a link on our directory. I have set the WSN Link system to check for a reciprocal link before accepting a link request, however the system fails to detect a actual link on the provided URL the client provides even when a link exists.

I added a sample html page on the local server where WSN Links is installed and set a reciprocal link, it detected it without any problems, but when placing a link on a remote server other than the one WSN Links is installed on it always fails to detect a link.

I checked PHPINFO and the ability to check remote sites is set to ON so that shouldnt be a problem as outlined in other threads.

I have also checked to see if it could be related to the trailing slash in the site URL and that doesnt seem to be a problem either.

This was our second link exchange application we purchased and was hoping ito recieve a good level of support for such problems as the last product's company was terrible. I have contacted you via e-mail as well, I read a notice which stated that I may be able to receive a quicker response if I was to make a forum post, so would really appreciate it if you could help me solve this problem.

Regards,

• Tahir Ahmed
• NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable UK Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
• NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
• Ecommerce Web Hosting • UK Web Hosting Reseller Solutions • UK Web Host • Plesk Control Panel

Rik
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 23
Total Comments: 161
Rik
Posted Mar 01, 2005 - 3:37 AM:

When someone submits a link, on the approval page there is a link to (check) the reciprocal link.

Is that working? It works for me.

The biggest problem I have with link submissions is the lack of meta tags on sites. This results in no title, description or keywords being entered. I either have to go to the site and find the information and enter it manually or just reject the submitted site.

Folks are reading that search engines don't use meta tags anymore (I do not believe this) and so they think they do not need them.

Tahir
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 1
Tahir
Posted Mar 01, 2005 - 4:53 AM:

Hi Rik,

No that also fails to locate a reciprocal link back to the website even when there is one in place.

I have enabled the reciprocal check on submission, so it checks for a reciprocal link back when the client submits a link, this also fails..

Any ideas?
Rik
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 23
Total Comments: 161
Rik
Posted Mar 01, 2005 - 2:50 PM:

Have you verified the url being sent is correct?

Like I said, mine works fine. I get a pop-up box that gives me the results, either good, or no link found.

Could anything on your system be blocking the little report box from appearing?

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.