Category Display Missing
Can't edit categories in Admin

Comments on Category Display Missing

FrankHagan

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 10
Posted Jun 24, 2007 - 12:31 PM:

In Admin > Common Tasks > Edit Categories, none of the categories show up ... I have just the header and pagination, as shown. Permissions on all the template files are manually set to 655 (see note below).

Another issue: If I try to run /links/admin/diagnostic.php (as suggested in a thread here), I get page not found errors unless I set the permissions at 755. Then I get the notice with the oddly named SQL script "save as" dialog as shown in the second picture. I have reset the permissions to 644 on it.

Background: One issue I have is that my server doesn't allow the script to set permissions, so I have to do it manually. The server is also running phpSuExec. I have found several oddities that I attribute to that, including setting permissions at 755 rather than 777 for the folders and files that require "world" permissions ... my FTP program will set the permissions, but they don't work until I change them back to 755.

I have another installation on the same server at PoliteTalk.com/links, and it doesn't have these issues.

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jun 25, 2007 - 8:31 AM:

Did you delete the regular category type?

655 is a bad chmod value. Files should be 666, directories should be 755 on some servers and 777 on other servers (755 on yours apparently -- so please select that in your admin panel at Settings->System).

I don't see what's supposed to be "oddly named" about the dialog.
FrankHagan

Posted Jun 25, 2007 - 11:17 AM:

Paul wrote:
Did you delete the regular category type?

655 is a bad chmod value. Files should be 666, directories should be 755 on some servers and 777 on other servers (755 on yours apparently -- so please select that in your admin panel at Settings->System).

I don't see what's supposed to be "oddly named" about the dialog.

I didn't delete the regular category type ... here's a pic of the settings I have in for categories right now. I do plan to add a "special" category later, but I want to get everything working correctly first.

"655" is a typo; I meant to type "666"!

On the dialog, the SQL file it asks about is "disagnostic.sql" (looks like a misspelling of "diagnostic", and I didn't know if that was significant somehow if a file is corrupted, etc., so I mentioned it)

Attached Files:
FrankHagan

Posted Jun 26, 2007 - 8:33 AM:

Not sure what the problem was, but I started over, deleting everything (including dropping the tables in the database) and it seems to be working now.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.