Comments on Changing Link Types

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Sep 08, 2005 - 11:48 AM:

OK, I have to admit that I am struggling with customising everything, mainly because I don't find the "manual" over helpful. Many of the pages are out of date, referring to older versions, and you have to hunt around to try and find out where whatever you are looking for is in the settings, and then you can find it has changed beyond recognition!

I am trying to organise my link types to just a reciprocal or premium (paid for using PayPal). It states in the manual that if you don't want a link do not simply delete but replace the type selector on the link submission template (suggestlink.tpl) with <input type="hidden" name="type" value="regular">

So, going to that template I find....

<td class="labelscolumn"><span class="labels">Type of Link:</span></td>
<td class="optionscolumn"><select name="type">{TYPEOPTIONS}</select></td>

But please explain to a dumbo exactly WHERE I place <input type="hidden" name="type" value="regular">

Jill
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 09, 2005 - 7:05 PM:

You found the correct place. Replace the row you just posted with that hidden input box.

You don't actually have to remove anything -- you could leave it as is allowing people to select only one option, I just think it's friendlier to clean up the page by not displaying an option which doesn't offer options.

Technically the hidden input isn't necessary even after removing, as it'll auto-assign the first link type it finds, but the hidden input box is more flexible since you could theoretically use it with multiple link types.
babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Sep 09, 2005 - 10:49 PM:

Thanks Paul. Then this is not what I want to do - I want a choice just not regular, so guess will have to delete the "regular" section from displaylinks.tpl after all.

I shall be back with more queries soon <G> Afraid I'm doing all this step by step!

Jill

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Sep 10, 2005 - 11:19 AM:

If you want a choice, don't delete anything. If you want to call 'regular' something else, settings->links and change the display name.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.