Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Custom fields based on second categories.

Comments on Custom fields based on second categories.

CoolCanuck
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 1
Custom fields based on second categories.
Posted Oct 23, 2016 - 11:33 AM:

Hi.
First off, I am a huge fan of this script. Thanks so much for your continued hard work. I am sorry if the solution is in the forum. I did conduct a search before posting.

I'm having a problem with secondary categories not loading custom fields on the link edit and add page).
(for example, the second category, footwear, should load the "Largest Shoe Size" field). However, only the main category will load the corresponding fields. Therefore, a site listed with the categories "Clothing" and with the secondary category "Shoes" will not see the field "Largest Shoe Size" since I can't enter the data.

I am on the newest release (10.0.26)
In release 10.0.13, I noticed the following change log:
- fixed custom file field display problem

Is this related? Perhaps that release broke it?

Thank you very much for your attention in this matter!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 24, 2016 - 11:55 PM:

Why would the listing be in Clothing, and not just in Shoes? I'd assume Shoes is a subcategory of Clothing. If you want all content from the subcategories to show in the top level categories, you shouldn't be creating secondary categories on every listing (which wastes your time and slows the site), you should go to Admin -> Categories -> Category Settings -> "Fill Top Level Categories from Subcategories?" and set that to "yes".

The situation of a secondary category's fields differing from the primary category's fields isn't handled at the moment because I didn't see a use case and it would take many hours to implement. I've been looking into it for a couple hours tonight but I don't seem to be near a solution yet. Are you sure you need it instead of the above setting?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.