Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Delete calender events
How do I delete calendar events within the admin CP?

Comments on Delete calender events

RodrigoDC

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 10
Delete calender events
Posted Jul 05, 2012 - 3:16 PM:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I searched high and low, and I have not found the answer nor have I been able to figure this out on my admin CP. I can edit, approve or reject calendar events, but have not eliminate entries once approved.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 06, 2012 - 10:20 PM:

Delete them from the front end. Go to the calendar, click the event, click the "edit" link and there'll be a "delete this event" checkbox there.
RodrigoDC

Posted Jul 07, 2012 - 8:23 AM:

Thank you Paul. However, the delete event checkbox field option is not showing on my installation.

When I review the the "edit events" template within the admin CP > Templates > Mange Templates, I do see the field option at the bottom of the template as follows:

<IF {EVENTCANDELETE}><input type="checkbox" name="delete" value="1" /> Delete this event?<br /></IF>

The above code tells me that the conditional EVENTCANDELETE needs to be configured somewhere. I can only think of doing this in admin CP > Members > Manage Usergroups > Administrator (since I am an admin)> Calendar Events > Delete All.

Am I correct? If so, I made double sure that the option above is checked as an admin. However, I am still unable to see the delete event checkbox.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I hope you can help, Paul. Thanks in advance.
RodrigoDC

Posted Jul 07, 2012 - 8:32 AM:

Sorry, just as a follow up...

Even if I remove the conditional variable <IF {EVENTCANDELETE}> from the "Edit event" template and force the checkbox input to appear for all users on the front end, when the checkbox does appear, I select the "Delete this event?" option, but the event remains right where it is. That is, I am still unable the delete any event despite the fact that I manage to force the delete input field to appear.

I don't know Paul, but this looks to me like a bug since I really haven't mess around with the code that much.

I hope you can help, and thanks for your responses.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 08, 2012 - 5:54 AM:

It's http://downtownwheaton.info/dir/ that I was using in checking your other reports a couple days ago. I made several test events and deleted them with no issue (the checkbox was certainly there).

Edit for update:

Hmm I went back there now and the permission to delete that I used before has disappeared, I'll check why.

Off topic note: you have three themes installed, you should probably delete the two you're not using to prevent users from selecting them.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 08, 2012 - 6:03 AM:

Well I can't begin to imagine how it is that I deleted my test events on your calendar a couple days ago, but I fixed a mistaken groupcandeleteallevents reference to groupcandeleteevents in the events class to make it work now.
RodrigoDC

Posted Jul 08, 2012 - 10:28 AM:

Thank you so much Paul. I can now delete event entries, but whenever I delete any one of the repeated events, all repeated events get deleted.

For example, if event A was repeated twice, and I wanted to keep only one, by deleting one instance using the checkbox option, both instances are wiped out.

This is a minor issue for now since the repeat event entry appears to be fixed, so this small problem will only affect the few entries that were previously created. But I just thought to let you know in case it helps you debug the issue.

I will uninstall the themes that are not used, thanks for the tip. I'm still working my way around the myriad options your script offers.

Thanks again,
Rodrigo
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 10, 2012 - 12:58 AM:

There isn't a "repeat" setting in events with which you can tell it that an event should repeat, is there? You'd have to separately add each repeat as a different event I presume? Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by repeating? If you mean multi-day events then yes it'll delete the full time span not just the day you clicked through from, and that seems the logical behavior to me. You can edit the time span instead to make it a day shorter.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.