Comments on Error: templateschema.wsn.dist

tradenet
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
Error: templateschema.wsn.dist
Posted Feb 22, 2012 - 7:30 AM:

Error: The file schemas/templateschema.wsn.dist does not exist.

Upgrade complete.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Feb 22, 2012 - 5:53 PM:

Short version: 99% odds it's nothing to worry about.

Long version:

Does Admin -> Templates -> Manage Templates still correctly mark only the templates you've customized as customized? If that's okay, then the message probably means the upgrade.php call got triggered twice somehow. I've seen that happen in the scenarios where the autoupgrade decides that the upgrade.php call has failed and therefore chooses to redirect your browser to the upgrade.php result.

First it calls the upgrade.php url with a 120 second timeout. Aftar that completes, it checks if there's still a schemas/templateschema.wsn.dist. If there is, it assumes the upgrade didn't run due to a problem with the server's firewall/fopen/curl and thus redirects to the upgrade.php url. So to get the message you got, the upgrade call must've timed out and returned before completing (and then completed in the background). I'm assuming you didn't wait 120 seconds, so it must've hit the scenarios where geturl shortens the timeout to try to avoid server limitations. So it's down to these three lines:
$maxsecs = ini_get('max_execution_time');
if (functionwillwork('set_time_limit')) set_time_limit(($seconds+5));
else if ($seconds > $maxsecs && $maxsecs > 5) $seconds = $maxsecs - 2;

Possibility #1: Your hosting environment forbids changing the time limit with set_time_limit, and has a low max_exection_time set. This tends to be the case on shared web hosts. It'll lead to little errors like what you got and increases danger with any long-time-taking actions, but hopefully not cause any serious problems if the limit is at least 10-15 seconds.

Possibility #2: Your hosting environment does allow set_time_limit, but my functionwillwork function doesn't realize it. Suffice it to say I expect it's possibility 1.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.