Comments on Free and paid listings

webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Free and paid listings
Posted Jan 30, 2012 - 8:03 AM:

It seems that if you have sponsorship switched on an you have some paid listing level and one free listings level, unless you some how manage to set the free listing up in the sponsorship levels, none of the sponsorship levels work...

For instance, a directory has three sponsorship levels... free, regular (£20 py) and sponsored (£40 py)

Regular and sponsored are set up on the sponsorship page, free is not.

When someone submitted a listing it is submitted as free, no matter what type they selected.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Jan 30, 2012 - 8:08 AM:

The only way I found around this is to set the free listing up a sponsorship level with a £1 fee, then then change the £1 to zero.

This is obviously not ideal.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 30, 2012 - 1:00 PM:

This is intentional and seems to me the best way for it to work. If you have a free listing type which is not reciprocal, why shouldn't they get their free listing meanwhile until they carry through the payment? They are taken to the payment screen after their submission, and if they remain as a free listing that means they haven't paid yet.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Jan 30, 2012 - 1:15 PM:

I see, but, if there is a free listing type, but they select a sponsored listing type, they are not even take to the payment page, so they wont pay.

Ideally, if that listing is sponsored they should be taken to a payment page, and if the listing is free they should be taken to a thank you page rather than going directly back the the site. That way, on the thank you page we can have a message telling them that their listing will be checked before publishing, or even display some ads or another promotion to them. I know I for one like to try and get a message or promotion in front of people after they submit a free listing.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 01, 2012 - 1:27 PM:

they are not even take to the payment page

Are you sure? I just tested this in response to your post and it sent me to the payment page. I have three types: regular, reciprocal and sponsored. Only sponsored is sponsored. I selected sponsored from the type options while submitting as an unregistered guest, it gave me the usual thanks for submission page and then redirected me to the payment page with the paypal button in three seconds.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted Feb 01, 2012 - 3:52 PM:

I'll test again. It may have been a redirect getting in the way.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Feb 02, 2012 - 8:49 PM:

I found now that if an incomplete prompt comes up during the submission attempt it changes the type selection to regular instead of retaining the sponsored selection. Fixed that for the next release.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.