rw
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 30
Total Comments: 65
rw
GeoIp and Map Enhancements
Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 2:01 PM:

These are all things I've seen on other sites. Does anyone know how to add any of these features:

-- Different markers for different kinds of listings?
-- Display listing with the distance from the user?
-- Highlight listing in map when user goes over Title on Category page?
-- And highlight listing in category when over marker on map image?

Thanks!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jan 15, 2014 - 8:03 AM:

-- Different markers for different kinds of listings?

Do you mean just different colors, or different images entirely? Either way seems to be basically the same procedure: stackoverflow.com/questions...ge-google-map-marker-color

I could create a hack to set a different icon based on whatever logic about the listing you specify for $50.

-- Display listing with the distance from the user?

This is done on the search results page when searching by location. If I understand, you want it available anywhere based on the geolocated guessed user location instead of a search? I could make a generic {LINKDISTANCEFROMME} that can be used anywhere for $40-$60.

-- Highlight listing in map when user goes over Title on Category page?
-- And highlight listing in category when over marker on map image?

What kind of highlighting, just chaning the background color behind a listing and the pin color on the map? I'll need to investigate these further but it seems like they should be possible with some jquery, after adding unique ids (to divs or table cells) around all the listings on the page. I could probably do both it in about 60-90 minutes / $60-$90 combined.

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.