milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 27
Total Comments: 121
Geolocation
Posted Mar 11, 2012 - 7:43 AM:

Hello Paul

This is really not easy the new geolocation system, visitors do not locate their address on the card, I have to do it myself when I accept the link.

It was much easier with the old version that automatically localized.

Cordially.
Francis

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 12, 2012 - 9:54 AM:

What do you mean by "visitors do not locate their address on the card"? If you're talking about the submit/edit maps, of course they don't have to use those, it locates them automatically. If you don't like the maps there anyway, switch them off on your switches page.
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Mar 12, 2012 - 11:30 AM:

The problem is the geolocation is not fair, it should be added manually on the map.

In file 1, which is located by the system, file 2, which should really be, to do manually.

In version 6, this was done very well.
It does not matter, it take some minutes to change.

Francis

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Mar 13, 2012 - 1:33 PM:

You don't like that it automatically places a pin based on geolocation? That pin doesn't actually mean anything though -- it isn't counted as their location unless they click to re-place it, or unless they type in an address. If they type in an address, then it updates the map to place the pin in that location of course. So I don't understand you.

Can you be clear about what page you're talking about? Is this suggest.php?action=addlink, link.php?action=detail&id=x, or somewhere else? And what is it that 7 does automatically that you think should be done manually, and what could be wrong with doing it automatically when allowing manual adjustment?

Can you give me a series of steps to follow that will illustrate where something goes wrong?
milouchouchou
Forum Regular

Posted Mar 14, 2012 - 2:49 AM:

Hello Paul

It's strange because it works perfectly now, there was perhaps a slowdown on the Google server which prevented her from working in real time.

Sorry for posting unnecessarily.

Cordially.

Francis

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.