webflair
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 187
Total Comments: 465
Importing members from another script
Posted May 11, 2012 - 7:20 PM:

Hi

I am importing listings and members from another script and I'm having the following problems...

The username and password and help in a different database table to the rest of the members fields, plus the password is plain text no encrypted. How do I deal with this?

thanks in advance
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 12, 2012 - 11:06 AM:

Plain text passwords are an option under password encoding at Admin -> Members -> Settings. As for importing fields from different tables though, I can't see a way to do that other than making a PHP script to do the import. My estimate to do it would be $50. Encoding the passwords during import would also be an option that wouldn't add any appreciable time, up to you.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted May 12, 2012 - 11:14 AM:

How much to do the whole import, listing and members. Apart from the problem mentioned above, all needed info is in a members, attachments and listings table in the database. Should be fairly straight forward for you, 112 member and around 800 listings.

Thanks
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted May 15, 2012 - 1:48 PM:

The attachments part might be tricky, depends on how the script stores attachments. If they're stored in the filesystem all in one directory with the filename and listing id given in the attachments table then I could import members, listings and attachments all for $95. Otherwise it could be much more complicated.
webflair
Forum Regular

Posted May 15, 2012 - 1:57 PM:

They are stored as you describe it... Attachment has their own table with fields... File name, File ID, Associated Listing ID etc, just like WSN, and yes the files are all on one folder.

I'll be looking to get you to do this at the very beginning of next month if poss.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.