Javascript Export Automation stopped

Comments on Javascript Export Automation stopped

Synozeer
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 32
Total Comments: 142
Posted Jul 06, 2005 - 1:47 PM:

Out of the blue, a several days ago my javascript export stopped running automatically. My .js file hadn't changed in days, so I manually ran the export, which worked fine. Then again today, it's already past due when it should run and it hasn't.

What could have happened to cause this, and how can I get it working again? I don't know when this started happening, but there's a small chance it started when I upgraded to the latest version of WSN Links.

Adam
Synozeer
Forum Regular

Posted Jul 06, 2005 - 8:38 PM:

Just realized that my RSS feed is also not updating. So it appears any type of automation isn't working. Does this script use cron jobs?

Adam
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Jul 07, 2005 - 11:01 PM:

No, if it'd used cron jobs you would've had to set them up (and besides, lots of people can't use them). I don't see how the timers could stop setting... and if something did your problem would be it generating on every page load, instead. Something is making it timeout when it attempts, perhaps, but that ought to affect it when you do it manually just the same.
Synozeer
Forum Regular

Posted Jul 07, 2005 - 11:09 PM:

Pages are loading normally. Manual works every time I do it without problems. What else could cause this? MySQL? Which file is the one that handles the timing of both the javascript and static html generation?

Have you tested this on the latest non-beta version? Maybe a bug slipped in? I logged into the demo, but it's an older version.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 09, 2005 - 3:23 AM:

MySQL is used on every page, and no more there than anywhere else.

I'll re-check 3.16 again, but it's unlikely since nothing related to that was changed.
Synozeer
Forum Regular

Posted Jul 09, 2005 - 10:25 AM:

It looks like after a couple of days (no idea why it took a couple of days), it finally ran, but then my pages that were running the javascript had this displaying on them:

file_get_contents(scripts.webmastersite.net/w...ozeer[at]bellsouth[dot]net): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/httpd/vhosts/gamelinks.com/httpdocs/filefunctions.php on line 126

Any ideas what that's about?

Adam
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 10, 2005 - 12:27 AM:

Well, if that was the problem then it's fixed as of a few minutes ago (you don't need to change anything, I just uploaded a dummy file for it to find since I removed the normal one a few days ago). Odd.
Synozeer
Forum Regular

Posted Jul 10, 2005 - 12:31 AM:

So does WSN Links try to access a file from your server every time that routine runs? If so, that means that if your server is not reachable, that problem will happen again?

Also, what is the purpose of that function?

EDIT: The routine ran last night and it worked, so it appears that was the problem all along.

What's interesting is that my Apache usually crashes from WSN Links once every couple of days. Since my timed functions stopped working, my Apache hadn't crashed once (6+ days). As soon as it started working again (last night), Apache crashed. It's looking like the timed routines are somehow causing the problems I've been having.

Adam
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jul 10, 2005 - 8:46 PM:

It has nothing to do with the routine. It simply looks for the file one page load every 5 days or so to check the license.

It's looking like the timed routines are somehow causing the problems I've been having.

Well, that must be a matter of doing too many things at once.
Synozeer
Forum Regular

#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 10, 2005 - 9:13 PM:

So how to optimize this routine so that it doesn't kill Apache? I have other sites on my server that do very similar functions on a daily basis and I'm not encountering this problem.

On another possibility, if I decided to not use javascript and html exports, how would I turn it off so it doesn't even attempt doing it? Would just having nothing in those boxes be enough, or would those routines still run?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.